Country
    Singapore

How to fix CO2 splitter?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Ok.... need help.

Happily bought a CO2 splitter today. Came home, can't figure out how to fix it on to my solenoid/regulator.
    Some pictures here. Pls help. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm interested to know too. What you can do is call up Mr Chan from NA, he knows how to fix it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Steps to follow:
    1. Remove the solenoid by unscrewing the hexagon nut at the bottom;
    2. Remove the tubing and then unscrew the whole needle valve by turning it anti-clockwise;
    3. Put some white tape ard the splitter and then screw it into the hole vacated by the original needle valve;
    4. Fix back solenoid.
    Done...!!!

The tricky part is only the solenoid, handle with care as it is the most fragile part.... Alternatively, bring it to NA, Mr Chan can fix it at a small nominal fee.

Attached a pic here fer yr reference, hope u can make out what i was talking about....

William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool beans, thanks for the info wf!

You missed out the very first part though: Shut off the main valve first : Or is there no need for that?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:599b590f9e="|squee|"]You missed out the very first part though: Shut off the main valve first : Or is there no need for that?[/quote:599b590f9e]
    Yes Yes.....!!!!!
    Sorry bout that....!!!!!
    u will need to shut the main valve first n wait till all CO2 has left the soleniod then disconnect the power to the solenoid before proceeding with any of the steps i have mentioned....
    William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

thanks guy

thanks.. very much appreciated.

btw, your bubble counter looks cool too....
    is it commonly available? i'll try C328 on monday. hopefully it's less than 10 bucks each.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Personally, I would caution against using such bubble counters for safety reasons. Check valves do fail and if that happens, your regulator is going to kaput. I would rather use those normal check valves with addition of a drip loop for safety sake. You can never be too careful.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The entire thing is made of brass so shld be okay, but again, believe all these products are made in ROC so QC wise quite skeptical.... can't see the difference between these n those plastic check valves......

[quote:5511524b36="learner"]is it commonly available? i'll try C328 on monday. hopefully it's less than 10 bucks each.[/quote:5511524b36]
    most of the popular LFS shld carry them but not so sure of C328 cos i seldom frequent and when i do, i onli look out fer things i buying as the whole shop is so...........................
    i bought mine at NA as a complete set, Chan fix up everything for me. if bought individually shld be ard $10 ~ $12.
    William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Got it!

Thanks!!!!

dismantled

and bingo!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Good Hands you have there.....!!!!
    William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:b0a87f9c39="wf7850"]Good Hands you have there.....!!!! [/quote:b0a87f9c39]

Thanks william. couldn't have done it without your help.

[quote:b0a87f9c39="PeterGwee"]Personally, I would caution against using such bubble counters for safety reasons. Check valves do fail and if that happens, your regulator is going to kaput. I would rather use those normal check valves with addition of a drip loop for safety sake. You can never be too careful.

Regards
    Peter Gwee [/quote:b0a87f9c39]

thanks for your advice, peter. btw, not really sure what u mean by a drip loop. care to explain further?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:12c50fb4f5="PeterGwee"]Personally, I would caution against using such bubble counters for safety reasons. Check valves do fail and if that happens, your regulator is going to kaput. I would rather use those normal check valves with addition of a drip loop for safety sake. You can never be too careful.

Regards
    Peter Gwee [/quote:12c50fb4f5]

i guess sh|t really happens..
    bought a cheapo $1.50 plastic Ocean Free check valve.... water back flowed to my splitter. not sure if it entered my splitter or not...
    guess it's always good to be kiasu and put 2..

maybe i attached it too far from my reactor....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:9ac3a6492d="learner"]i guess sh|t really happens.. [/quote:9ac3a6492d]
    well... Murphy's Law - If anything can go wrong.......... It Will.....!!!!

William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score

Bubbles Stop

I got one installed on my CO2 tank as well but its the 3 way one,bought frm Mr Chan..The wierd thing abt mine is when i set the number bps,and 5 mins later the bubbles will stop flowing.And every 5 mins i gotta keep adjusting..Tried putting some lubricant like WD40 on the knobs but to no avail....Anyone can provide help to this problem?Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What kind of regulator do you have? If yours is a knob that you can twist to adjust the flow of C02, then it's natural, you have to change to a 2 gauge type of regulator for constant bubble rate.

If your's is a 2 gauge type, bought from NA, bring it back to Mr Chan, you might hsave a leak somewhere or a seal is broken.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by |squee|
    What kind of regulator do you have? If yours is a knob that you can twist to adjust the flow of C02, then it's natural, you have to change to a 2 gauge type of regulator for constant bubble rate.

If your's is a 2 gauge type, bought from NA, bring it back to Mr Chan, you might hsave a leak somewhere or a seal is broken.
    Mine is a single guage one sold at NA for $20...I guess i know wat u are referrin to...Dual gauge is mostly used together with solenoid...So guess i need to find a manual regulator wif 2 gauges..Btw is there any in the market?Cuz mostly dual gauges are only seen on solenoid ones...Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by |squee|
    ................... then it's natural, you have to change to a 2 gauge type of regulator for constant bubble rate. ......................
    for constant bubble rate, you'll need a needle valve.
    the regulator does nothing more than regulating the output pressure.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by fins
    Mine is a single guage one sold at NA for $20...I guess i know wat u are referrin to...Dual gauge is mostly used together with solenoid...So guess i need to find a manual regulator wif 2 gauges..Btw is there any in the market?Cuz mostly dual gauges are only seen on solenoid ones...Thanks
    you can find dual gauge regulator without solenoid. try system & control, petmart,.... or you can check with nature aquarium.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tawauboy
    for constant bubble rate, you'll need a needle valve.
    the regulator does nothing more than regulating the output pressure.
    so u mean tat by attaching a normal solenoid dual gauge regulator wun work?..Im getting a little confused...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    don't really understand what you are try to say.

regulator is used to regulate the output pressure. co2 cylinder pressure is about 1000psi while working (output) pressure ranges from ~10 to ~30psi. so the regulator can be considered as a pressure reducer.

needle valve is used to control the co2 flow rate. works like a tap.
    thomas liew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast