Thread: Reactor or Diffusor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    for me i use sera co2 reactor.fine for me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Here's a pic on my DIY 2$ reactor:
    Last edited by Plantbrain; 11th Oct 2006 at 00:31.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Here's some more and note the screwdriver and lighter which is used to burn/melt the holes into the sides.

Also there's a bottom up view of the angled 90 degree spiral flow, this removed the need for a sponge etc.

The outflow only allows very fine mist that can be blasted around the tank from the main filter flow.
    The burp hole allows excess CO2 to belch out when the powerhead is off or if you want to stop tyhe CO2 from being diffused, so you can use it in semi automatic for the night time off ability for the DIY yeast folks.
    Simply plug it(the rio 180) into the same light timer.

Took me 15 min to make this and a total of 12$ for the rio pump as well.

See my site for more, the pic limits here are eating up the images I've posted.
    Search DIY internal venturi reactor.

Regards,
    Tom Barr
    Last edited by Plantbrain; 16th Nov 2006 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tom, great job! We need a detailed guide.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I've retired all three reactors I have and use diffusors in all three tanks. I find the results are good without the extra equipment in the tank.

I think a little more CO2 is wasted but I save power on the extra powerheads I need to drive it.

Regards

Stan
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    if money was no objection, which is your choice?

I already have one of the better co2 reactors on the market, however, I find the setting up (tubing) is quite a hassle due to the fact that it needs a pump to run it. initially, I hooked it up to filter output, but now I'm going to move it to chiller output. but I think the tubing is a real hassle when you take the filter or chiller for maintenance and want to clean up the hoses as well.

I'm beginning to find the glass spiral type of diffusors extreme attractive now due to ease of maintenance.. (ie: just bleach, won't clog)...
    If money was no ojection.. I would get the Dupla Reaktor 400 or Reaktor S depending on the size of your aquaria.. but remember the get the cleaning kit for the algae. I studied the water flow in the device and find it really good. Problem is.. its expensive...

In most of these devices.. gotta agree with you.. the tubing sucks.. really have to plan really well.. else end up really looking bad.. that's where it seperates the boys from the men.. i guess..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I saw an interesting external reactor, see
    http://www.killies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3300
    What do you think?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I suppose this will work. And I think its cheap enough to buy and try. The Dupla one that I am using is really great... but then again, I am stuck with it, simply because I bought it at such a good price.. (original price was $120) and I got it from $10.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    The DIY version of my internal reactor and the DIY version of the external work extremely well.

Much smaller than this thing above and works better for internals.
    Used the Dupla line about 10-20 years ago, too $$ and was not that good, not enough flow, poor results vs the DIY 2$ reactor. Sad.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Are there supposed to be pictures attached?
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can see the picture at:

http://www.killies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3300

I think it is going at $21 for the large one, a bargain for a well designed external reactor, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Plantbrain View Post
    The DIY version of my internal reactor and the DIY version of the external work extremely well.

Much smaller than this thing above and works better for internals.
    Used the Dupla line about 10-20 years ago, too $$ and was not that good, not enough flow, poor results vs the DIY 2$ reactor. Sad.

Regards,
    Tom Barr
    Do you have a picture of your DIY External Co2 reactor?
    Cant seem to view the precious one.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    with regard to the external reactor from the link, I see another problem. The inlet and outlets seems like it won't be able to be secured properly, considering that there's no grooves or any sort to hold the tubing. water pressure might just POP open the tubing and you will have an epic flood in your home. And the inlet/outlet isn't made of metal, so using those hose tighteners, if you tighten too hard later the reactor crack thats it.

Any comments?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by KeIgO86 View Post
    with regard to the external reactor from the link, I see another problem. The inlet and outlets seems like it won't be able to be secured properly, considering that there's no grooves or any sort to hold the tubing. water pressure might just POP open the tubing and you will have an epic flood in your home. And the inlet/outlet isn't made of metal, so using those hose tighteners, if you tighten too hard later the reactor crack thats it.

Any comments?
    I secured mine with metal fasteners with no ill effects.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You guys got any pics of your DIY external Co2 reactor?

Thanks and Regards

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    i'm currently temporary using a airstone on my DIY CO2 my newly setup nanotank. i do have a diffusor but it's running on my main tank. just wondering, is it enough or do i need to get a glass diffusor?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Hi Jason,
    Your DIY CO2 will not be able to generate sufficient pressure to push the bubbles out of a glass diffusor. Put the outlet near your HOB [assuming you are using one for your Nano] to chop up the CO2 bubbles.
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyone got recommendation for a reactor or diffusor suitable for a 1 feet cube tank? Presently using a glass ceramic one from NA, but wouldnt mind upgrading it.

ADA? Aquamedic? What else?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I vote reactor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United Kingdom
    i have been using a diffusor in my tank for about 6 month..a pretty good dennerele pro system on a 280L tank.. i was getting through a 350g bottle a month, so i decided to drill a hole above my filter out take basket and glue the co2 tube directly into this.. the bubles of co2 get sucked in the filter and broken up by the filter before being returned to the tank via the spray bar...i keep the co2 rate down to about 1 bubble a second so as not to air lock the filter, and i also have it attached to a ph controler and solinoid. i am pretty happy with this arangement so far an i think that i am saving co2 as well....as long as the flow rate from my filter is no to fast....i chose this option as the cleaning involved in an internal reactor and external diffusors is problematic and it also takes equipment out of the tank... a bonus for me....also the use of check values is a must.... i really really recomend this setup for everone....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast