Singapore

Re: Zebra / Wild OTO

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Mine look fatter at the head than your pictures LOL
    They could be female otos... the females are usually wider at their head and body sections.

Just in case, maybe post a photo of the otos you bought? So that at least can confirm they are actually zebra otos, not striped plecos.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 6th May 2015 at 21:34.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

DSC_0167.jpgDSC_0170.jpg

The one on the right have not really moved at all while the other is now on the back of the aquarium :S

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

DSC_0167.jpgDSC_0170.jpg

The one on the right have not really moved at all while the other is now on the back of the aquarium :S
    Those otos look okay... it's normal for them to stay still when newly introduced into an aquarium, once they get used to the water parameters and are comfortable in the new environment, they will start to graze actively.

If you are using Co2 injection, it'll be a good idea to skip injecting Co2 for one day, give the otos more time to acclimate. Subsequent days you could also go for progressive increases, ie quarter, half and then eventually full injection rate. That will greatly improve their chances of successful transition.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

One of them is doing well, grazing over my tank walls at the back.

Nope, no CO2, i stopped using that Neo CO2 thingy. Didnt see any improve in my plants (especially my mc), so wont be refilling it. :P

Now potential issue is that i dun have big leaf-ed plants, thus might not have enough algae for it, unless it like GDA hmm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

One of them is doing well, grazing over my tank walls at the back.

Nope, no CO2, i stopped using that Neo CO2 thingy. Didnt see any improve in my plants (especially my mc), so wont be refilling it. :P

Now potential issue is that i dun have big leaf-ed plants, thus might not have enough algae for it, unless it like GDA hmm
    I guess eventually the other one will join in the grazing too.

You can put an algae wafer into a feeding dish and let them learn to graze on it. It may take the otos a while to discover its location and that it's actually food, but once they can take prepared food readily, you'll have no problem keeping them well fed.

Blanched sliced cucumber or zucchini is good too, those can be left in the tank for up to 48 hours which allows the otos lots of time to graze on it.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks UA. Anyway, got a casualty this morning T_T. It was lying sideway on the substrate, touched it and it doesnt move.... haiz.... (the one that didnt move much last night)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks UA. Anyway, got a casualty this morning T_T. It was lying sideway on the substrate, touched it and it doesnt move.... haiz.... (the one that didnt move much last night)
    I guess it couldn't adapt as well as the other oto... sometimes they may be weak already so its a matter of luck i guess.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ya, the other happy sucking on my tank walls LOL. Even the part near the substrate as it zigzag-ed around (as if hit by electric shock) hahahaha. Finger crossed on it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Wondering today got stock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Wondering today got stock?
    AA says they arriving later in the afternoon yesterday.
    Wasn't around log enough to see the delivery come thou.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmm.. GC has couple of it. Seem like their is quite big and healthy. But come with a steep price.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

How much GC sell bro? Did you buy?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

$18.00 quite steep price. But their OTO really look happy and healthy. I never get it, end up i get chocolate gourami instead.
    Btw, i saw they feed them with tubflex worm, hmm..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

GC macpherson?
    Wayne.

Keeping : 2 tier 2ft tanks
    Livestocks : Apistogramma Bitaeniata Mamuri, Apistogramma Mendezi, Apistogramma Baenschi Inka 50, Apistogramma Elizabethae, Apistogramma Diplotaenia

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

From the pics, looks like GC Machperson, backroom tank. Anyway, just for sharing, it's been close to 2 weeks and my surviving 2 Zebra Otos from C328 so far so good . And yes, I got a proper chiller just this Wed

Sorry bout the GSA on the glass. Outbreak occurred after I pulled out a section of my MC carpet to replace with dwarf hairgrass. My tank looks like crap right now, but at least there's enough algae to go around to keep them plus the shrimps happy

Closeup of the smaller one feeding on algae on DW

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro how big is your tank. Wow which type of chiller u getting? Good amount of algae for your OTO. Actually my OTO love hikari mini algae wafer. You can try that ! By the way your Zebra oto really look good ! Oh yes, it is at machperson.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

$18.00 quite steep price. But their OTO really look happy and healthy. I never get it, end up i get chocolate gourami instead.
    Btw, i saw they feed them with tubflex worm, hmm..
    How many Chocolate gouramis you bought. How much? I am also looking for them to buy.
    I have 10 male orange/blue striped guoramis in my main tank bought for $1 each. I like guoramis because they are very easy to feed. The male guoramis are hostile to one another but they are not serious about fighting like Bettas. But if they end up damaging more fins, I will have to stop keeping guoramis as I like peaceful fish.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    How many Chocolate gouramis you bought. How much? I am also looking for them to buy.
    I have 10 male orange/blue striped guoramis in my main tank bought for $1 each. I like guoramis because they are very easy to feed. The male guoramis are hostile to one another but they are not serious about fighting like Bettas. But if they end up damaging more fins, I will have to stop keeping guoramis as I like peaceful fish.
    Sorry a bit off topic, i got my chocolate gourami at GC $10 for 2 !! Yesterday i at qian hu saw chocolate too.. only $2 per pc !! See how GC mark up so high !!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry a bit off topic, i got my chocolate gourami at GC $10 for 2 !! Yesterday i at qian hu saw chocolate too.. only $2 per pc !! See how GC mark up so high !!
    I try to get them at neighborhood stores. My puffers and guoramis are only $1 each. But high quality specimens should cost more.
    I will be happy if I can get Chocolate Guoramis at the neighborhood stores. Yummy...
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro how big is your tank. Wow which type of chiller u getting? Good amount of algae for your OTO. Actually my OTO love hikari mini algae wafer. You can try that ! By the way your Zebra oto really look good ! Oh yes, it is at machperson.
    Standard 2ft tank. Got a Teco mini chiller. Tried to feed them cucumber and algae wafer but they ignored. End up the shrimps ate them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast