Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New to this

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am in the future planning to create a planted tank so now I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with

1- CO2 injector is it necessary for which types of plants? I am currently more interested in carpeting plants and mosses.

2- How much does CO2 injector and Bubble counter cost and where sells the cheapest and better quality?

3- What type of filtration system is necessary for the two types of plants I have mention in Question 1?

4- Rank me the best Carpeting plants and mosses.

5- What fertilisers or additives you use which is the best for the plants, how much and where to get it?

6- What fish species is the best to keep in this situation

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: New to this

Quote Originally Posted by KevenBrendanLee View Post
    I am in the future planning to create a planted tank so now I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with

1- CO2 injector is it necessary for which types of plants? I am currently more interested in carpeting plants and mosses.
    It depend on the light. The higher the light intensity the more you need to inject CO2. Light dictate what kind of plant you can grow, some plant grow poorly under low light intensity.

2- How much does CO2 injector and Bubble counter cost and where sells the cheapest and better quality?
    CO2 tank roughly $80-100
    Solenoid Regulator roughly $80-150
    Bubble counter and Check Valve roughly $10-20
    Diffuser/Inline diffuse/atomizer/reactor roughly $2-$50
    You can check with NA or C328 or SeaView

3- What type of filtration system is necessary for the two types of plants I have mention in Question 1?
    Plant type does not dictate what filtration you need to use. Just get canister filter.

4- Rank me the best Carpeting plants and mosses.
    Not possible to answer this all have merit depending on the scape you want to do

5- What fertilisers or additives you use which is the best for the plants, how much and where to get it?
    First of all you need fertile substrate/soil (get ADA amazonia best soil in the market so far). Plant need macro nutrient (N, P, K) and trace element +iron. There are many different brand out there, they are all the same. You can either chose all in one or dose seperately.

6- What fish species is the best to keep in this situation
    Small fishes like tetra and bunch of algae crew (shrimps)
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/