Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Internal Co2 reactor to be use externally ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Internal Co2 reactor to be use externally ?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, may i noe can those internal Co2 reactor with black ball be use as external reactor since they r air tight. Juz have to join the outlet of the reactor to inside of tank use pipes or hoses to let the Co2 rich water flow into tank. Is it possible? Thankz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It really depends on the tank size you are going to use the reactor with. I find those tubes too narrow and if used on a big tank (requires lots of flow to get good response time), the CO2 bubbles might bypass the unit instead. The tube joints are kinda weak as well imo and might be leak prone if not careful. Why not get some pvc pipes and reducers from major pvc pipe wholesalers instead. The design is more secure and can be sized accordingly to your tank.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Internal Co2 reactor to be use externally ?

[quote:de0c0bb2="PEPSI"]Hi, may i noe can those internal Co2 reactor with black ball be use as external reactor since they r air tight. Juz have to join the outlet of the reactor to inside of tank use pipes or hoses to let the Co2 rich water flow into tank. Is it possible? Thankz[/quote:de0c0bb2]

IMO, it is not safe. If any of the joints give way, you are going to have all your tank water siphoned out onto your floor. The joints of external reactors are with screw threads or means to lock/secure the parts in place to withstand the pressure.

BC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I agree. It sounds like you're considering using the UP brand internal reactor ( green in colour with black bioballs ).

If you are, it doesn't work. The edges where the parts connect leak like crazy. I've tried it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    think I have seen someone DIY the UP brand internal reactor to be used externally. like the rest said, it aint safe, you risk getting your floor wet if the tubes come off. Perhaps silicone or water proof the joints to be safe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok thank for all the advice. Have more knowledge now. Thankz