Images
    Country
    Singapore

4 Foot Balcony Project

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    The set-up of this tank [4L x 2w x 2.5h] will be rather slow as have some travel commitments in late April and do not want to add any water or plants until I return, so I have time to think about what I want to do.

I had a reasonable selection of planted tank wood and rock items from previous setups to do an initial layout, but not entirely happy as need to find another piece of wood that I can hang from the glass back to form some kind of platform at the desired water level. The lily input pipe has been extended until it reaches the bottom of the tank, with initial thoughts of having a water level of about 30 cm or lower, but this will depend on what I want to keep in the tank.

I have one of those electronic misters that I will put in a small container under the Lilly outlet pipe at the top of the tank in the hope that it will generate some cascading fog over the wood in addition to the water. It will be interesting to see if that works or not.

For lighting, I have an old light set, but want to rely on natural light for the plants, so it will be simple. one of the advantages of the tank being on the balcony is that it is easy to see from every location in the living room, but one problem is it is difficult to take a good picture without reflections being highly visible.

For livestock, I would like tadpoles, I know this is not possible possible because of Singapore environmental rules, so might try crabs or crayfish or just cherry shrimp with some small fish. ideally I would like something that can crawl out of the water to be seen, so any suggestion welcomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 4 Foot Balcony Project

If you can't get tadpoles, you can get the small feeder frogs and keep a few. Those are usually crab eating frogs or field frogs and wont grow very big.

Considering the size of your tank, you might be able to put one malayan box turtle, but of course you have to prepare to handle a higher bioload.