Country
    Singapore

Re: Newbie setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by gimhchng View Post
    Besides, I got a few nerrite and ramhorn snails, but die within few days...what could went wrong.. I thought that they are usually very hardy? I did acclimated them before introduce to the tank..
    Well, nerite snails are sometimes kept in crowded adverse conditions at LFS tanks (a lot of dead snails in those tanks), so there is a chance they are already weakened or dying when we buy them. Quite often it's a 50/50 chance to get a healthy one.

Ramshorn snails should be much more hardy as they breathe atmospheric air at the water surface (they can survive adverse water conditions, which is why they can become pests)... but if even they are also dying, it could be due to come chemical in the tank that is killing them.

What types of fertilisers, additives or treatments do you currently add into the tank regularly?
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images

I'm currently dosing LushGrow Aqua and micro only. I premix both in a small bottle and dose 2ml after weekly 10-20% water change, and another 1ml on Wed..

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by gimhchng View Post
    I'm currently dosing LushGrow Aqua and micro only. I premix both in a small bottle and dose 2ml after weekly 10-20% water change, and another 1ml on Wed..
    That seems to be okay... your parameters are all also tested to be safe too right? How about Co2 levels?

Guess just have to check and narrow down the causes.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images

I didn't invest in test kits...so never check. For co2, I do have the drop checker and ANS solution that instructions say mix with tank water. I tried before and gave inaccurate reading. I'm also aware that it is recommended to mix with 4dkh instead, but yet to try it out.

I don't intend to put in more snails at the moment. So probably will just maintain as it is...thanks ya..

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I see... yeah, i guess there might be some unknown parameters not tested yet that may have affected the snails (the existing livestock probably already adapted to the tank conditions hence they are okay), so either get test kits to check or wait for a while before introducing snails again.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12