Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba Issue.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba Issue.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello!
    I had tried to plant my HC properly but as some of them are really clustered together, I had no choice but to place a lump of them together in a smaller patch.
    How long does it takes for the root to anchor properly for this plant?

And also, I did do water change of about 30% every other day but my Drop Checker still shows a yellow indication that my ph level is too low.
    I had stopped my CO2 for a bit but it still shows as below ph 7.
    Any help will be appreciated!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba Issue.

It's better to separate the HC into smaller bunches, best if you can separate them into individual stems to plant (though it's more tedious), that will ensure each plantlet gets maximum contact with the soil. Their roots will usually grow out within 1-2 weeks, during that time the overall growth may be abit slower due to priority going to root growth.

As for your drop checker, make sure you use 4dkh reference solution to mix with the indicator reagent (don't use aquarium water as its pH and kH is aready buffered by your active soil substrate), or just use pre-mixed indicator solution. If you had used aquarium water to mix the solution, the color readings would be wrong.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

I will try to cut them into smaller pieces smaller about 1cm2. straighten roots a bit and use pincers plant deep then pull leaves up just above substrate. Can also top up with additional substrate on top of planted hc at the end to anchor better.

For my case, it took about 3 weeks to root. I previously posted this....
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...d.php?t=109594

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see ! Does this means that other than the indicator solution provided, need to buy the 4dkH solution and put them to use together?
    Not to use aquarium water is it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Emperios View Post
    I see ! Does this means that other than the indicator solution provided, need to buy the 4dkH solution and put them to use together?
    Not to use aquarium water is it?
    If your drop checker instructions mention you need to mix the solution, then use 4dkh reference solution to mix (not aquarium water as instructed, especially if active aquasoil is being used).

You could also just buy pre-mixed indicator solution (ie. Ocean Free, ISTA), can use directly, no need to mix.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com