Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Green Spotted Puffer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey there, just started keeping fishes. Did minimum research and this is my current setup, 23cm*20cm*25cm acrylic, non LED light, with 2 approximately 1"++ spotted puffer.

Before that did a 2 weeks water cycle with a couple of small fishes but after introducing the puffers, they were gone in a matter of days.

Initially there were 3 dwarf puffers in the tank as well but one died and 2 went missing. Presumed eaten by the spotted puffer. I understood the nature of puffers being intolerant but I still went ahead and put them together, my bad, may they rest in peace.

To the 2 spotted puffers. One of them eats well till the belly gets bloated while the other eats minimally, occasionally spitting and swallowing and spitting out again. Even though the fed one's belly is round as hell, it would still chase off the not eating one and gobble up the frozen bloodworms. And I only fed them with frozen bloodworms, once a day, for the past 3 weeks. I plan to introduce them snails once-twice a week soon.

I change the water once a week. changing 35-45% of water with tap water left in bottle for a few days. Before that I would take out the rotten plants and their poop and cleaning the tank surface with a normal cloth. I would scoop out the 2 fishes so they would not get stressed out when cleaning the tank.

Last but not least, I have noticed algae starting to grow on the tank surface. I planned to buy a pleco to clean off but after doing some research and reading on spotted puffers being intolerant of pleco as well, I would just buy common snails as cleaners and food source for the puffers to trim their beaks.

Pictures post below. Do give comments, would very much appreciate it.

(p.s. I have received many comments regarding my tank size, I am already on the way to getting a 2ft tank, hope that helps.)

20150426_014547.jpg20150426_014609.jpg20150426_014644.jpg20150426_014730.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Uzbekistan

Re: Green Spotted Puffer

You picked a not-so-easy fish for your first set up. Please share the water parameters as well. Do you add salt? The soil/rocks looks interesting, as if there was a moss grown in the
    air. By the way, puffers really love snails, if you know what I mean
    aquatropic.uz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Green Spotted Puffer

L24cm X B20cm X H25cm, no did not add salt but recently purchased marine salt, so gonna add like may be a teaspoon per water 3L water change. yeah those are moss gowing on the coconut-like shell, forgot what is it called though. And I have been having troubles of purchasing snails as all the LFS around my area don't have it.