Country
    Singapore

Channa ID

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    I was just at Seaview earlier today and was wondering if anyone has been down there. I've been looking out for a dwarf channa that can tolerate tropical climates (no chiller, 1.5ft tank). It's going to be my sole fish.

So, question then is, I was hoping for someone who could identify the specific sp of the channa housed in the plastic containers along the row with the betta. I was thinking the 2 similar ones with the spotting on the body are possibly gachua sp blue? I'm more interested in the smaller one beside that's fairly drab but has red rims along its caudal fin. Not sure if that was a fire and ice (which if it is, means it's subtropical?). It also has some damage on its lip area which I'm supposing will heal?

I'd love to buy the fish, but I'd rather make sure it doesn't end up being a tank buster or slowly wither away due to stress from higher than average temperatures.

I apologise for forgetting to take pictures. I stupidly forgot.

P.S. there was also a tank of channa sp white pearl. What species is that?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to provide a positive id on the fish.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Setup: ADA Cube Garden 45-P, Starlitz Clear 45, Eheim Aquacompact 40
    Layout/Hardscape: ADA Amazonia Powder Soil, Borneowild Rutsuuddo Wood (SS Root Type)
    Fauna: Apisto Trifasciata, Sundadanio Axelrodi (Blue), Yamato Shrimp

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Channa ID

So have you bought the fish yet? I think 1.5 ft is only big enough for a gachua.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and he will drink beer while getting sunburnt.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

should be gachua.
    On the fins of the gachua there should be bluish green mixed with gold iridescence and the fins are lined with orange or red.
    wild bettas,Shellies,herptiles,mudskippers,shrimps

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Vannel, the next best thing is to do a google image search and show us the image which resembles your description.