Images
    Country
    Japan

Pipefishes

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    SAw some of these guys at Bens place today and picked up one...think i may go down again to pick another one up... if i'm not wrong they should be Doryichthys boaja. Care to correct me on that HwChoy?

anyway...read..about them and now i guess the only way to feed them is thru tubifex worms?? since they only take small crustaceans (like my cherry shrimps) and insects besides these...

any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    whoa! I don't know man. haven't seen them. but I'll probably pop over to have a look, there are a number of pipefishes available in the trade so don't be surprise it isn't what you think
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I kept this pipefishes a while ago, real hassle to find makan for them coz' they feed on very small live feeder fishes or live Brine shrimp ! .
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Yah..
    i saw it attack my cherry shrimp but it couldn't fit into his mouth and he let go...think today must go buy worms for it liao..if not die i heart pain..

i wonder if they take daphnia??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry may i ask: when you say Ben's do you mean wu hu in tiong bahru?can you pls pm me the price of it? thanks in advance

daphnia may be too fast for them and not as nutritious used to keep 2,it was hard to feed them they're now dead and preserved on my desk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    considering that live adult are fairly expensive ... these would be pretty expensive fish to keep.

would they even eat frozen bloodworms.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes is Wu Hu but he now at Blk 22 Havelock Road, just a few shops away from Keong Seong.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    the fish not expensive..just keeping them alive is..lol...i think my cherry shrimps have paid the price...all kena eaten or torn to shreads...haiz..

so..anyone selling cherries for cheap??lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What I did previously to overcome this " feeding problem " was by breeding the " common " guppies !. The guppy fries ( <1/2 " ) are " right bite size " for this pipefishes.
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )