Country
    Singapore

Spots on buceps

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    Does anyone know what are these spots on my buceps?
    My setup :
    33 litres tank
    CO2
    6 hours light on
    Flourish, potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen, bronewild ferrum.
    All dose accordingly to recommended dosage, but I divide out and dose daily. uploadfromtaptalk1430467889107.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Spots on buceps

Btw, these are not dust. Cannot be wiped off by hand. I don't think so it is algae. Either lack of particular nutrient or too much of it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

It is lack of it. Try dose a lit bit more.
    Oh,when you get the plant is it look like that?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zerofighterx101 View Post
    It is lack of it. Try dose a lit bit more.
    Oh,when you get the plant is it look like that?
    Lack of what, Bro?
    It is fine when I first got it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Found my answer, think it should be potassium deficiency. Think I need to increase potassium dosage.
    I read from here :
    http://deficiencyfinder.com/?page_id=592

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sword28 View Post
    Found my answer, think it should be potassium deficiency. Think I need to increase potassium dosage.
    I read from here :
    http://deficiencyfinder.com/?page_id=592
    Good detection... anubias are similar to buceps in terms of growth rate so their nutrient deficiency symptoms would be similar too.

Potassium is a nutrient that enables plants to utilise all the other nutrients, and it's usually depleted quickly, so adding more of it will always help overall plant growth. I guess if even slow growing plants like buceps are displaying that deficiency, it probably means the nutrients are really at very low levels.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks, UA.
    Ya, I search online for quite sometime before finding this site with image closest to my buceps condition. So share here for benefit of future Bros who might encounter same problem.

Side track, can advise when it is best time to dose ferts? Before or during lights on?
    I auto timer my lights to on daily 7pm. But earliest I got home is usually abt 8pm and I will dose the ferts. Sometimes if I am late will dose abt 9pm.
    Lights is off at 1am. Do you see any problem with this?
    Or can I dose every morning at 8am before going work? Does it matter on the timing of dosage if I choose to dose daily?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Side track, can advise when it is best time to dose ferts? Before or during lights on?
    I auto timer my lights to on daily 7pm. But earliest I got home is usually abt 8pm and I will dose the ferts. Sometimes if I am late will dose abt 9pm.
    Lights is off at 1am. Do you see any problem with this?
    Or can I dose every morning at 8am before going work? Does it matter on the timing of dosage if I choose to dose daily?
    Your dosing schedule looks okay... any fertilizer nutrients that are not used up will just stay in the tank and carry forward to be available for use the next day anyways.

If you are doing daily dosing, the amount of ferts are also split into much smaller quantities, which are not as harmful to the livestock (even if the nutrients stay in the water column).

Btw, i'm guessing you have a night time light schedule so that you can view the tank when you are at home... while that is okay, do check that the tank doesn't receive too much additional light from ceiling/room lights or sunlight shining in from windows during the daytime, as that will extend the overall photoperiod.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks, UA.
    Yes, light on time is at night so that I can view the tank.
    But I also have windows light in the day as I usually leave the curtain open.
    Is the window light going to cause problem if the overall photoperiod is extended?
    Algae problem?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks, UA.
    Yes, light on time is at night so that I can view the tank.
    But I also have windows light in the day as I usually leave the curtain open.
    Is the window light going to cause problem if the overall photoperiod is extended?
    Algae problem?
    Yeah, sunlight shining in from nearby windows also contribute to algae growth... it may not seem like as much light (compared to direct aquarium lights), but algae can still utilize it to grow.

If you want to control light availability and keep the tank in better balance, use curtains or shades to cover those windows during the daytime period to minimize excess light reaching the tank.
    www.urbanaquaria.com