1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Seachem Purigen

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Yes really tight, i actually have to remove a bit of the biomedia. You really pro ! You use this filter before is it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    "As for lily pipes, their wide outlet lily shape is meant to spread out the current to create a wider flow pattern, so the current will be gentler but cover a larger area."

Spray bars are better than lily pipes, but lily pipes, especially glass type, give the tank a more 'high class" look.

With spray bars, it is possible to direct the outflow near the surface in such a way that the whole tank surface is well agitated, thereby improving oxygenation. But this will be meaningless to those who don't bother much about oxygenation.

All my friends don't bother much about this aspect. But I always place oxygenation top on the list of my priorites. Everything else is secondary. I always like to take good care of my bacteria because they are the things that make a healthy tank possible.
    Lily pipes can also be positioned to generate a lot of surface agitation too... if you read some of the ADA equipment user guides, they recommend to lift the lily pipes higher during night time (the lily pipe mouth is positioned halfway above the water level), so that it creates lots of surface agitation to oxygenate the water.

Source: http://www.adana.co.jp/en/contents/p.../detail04.html

Though that will also tend to produce bubbling noises and water droplets splashing around (depending on the height of the lily pipe)... similar to a spray bar positioned at or above the water surface.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 25th May 2015 at 22:18.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Yes really tight, i actually have to remove a bit of the biomedia. You really pro ! You use this filter before is it?
    Yeah, i currently have one set in use on a holding tank... it's quite a good slim-profile canister filter for setups that have limited space. Runs very quietly during operation too.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, this is the answer what i looking for. Before my lily pipe is broken, i actually try to lift the lily pipe higher, the water surface really move faster, like what you say to oxygenate the water. But night time then adjust , like troublesome le. Hmm, have to save up for vivi / gush lily pipe ! But is it easily break?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, this is the answer what i looking for. Before my lily pipe is broken, i actually try to lift the lily pipe higher, the water surface really move faster, like what you say to oxygenate the water. But night time then adjust , like troublesome le. Hmm, have to save up for vivi / gush lily pipe ! But is it easily break?
    Actually night time no need to lower the lily pipe.

Coz at night, plants and fish and bacteria ALL need more oxygen. It is better to leave the lily pipe at a fixed position (high) for better oxygenation. Especially the plants, if they don't get enough oxygen at night, they will not be healthy.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, this is the answer what i looking for. Before my lily pipe is broken, i actually try to lift the lily pipe higher, the water surface really move faster, like what you say to oxygenate the water. But night time then adjust , like troublesome le.
    Yeah, the adjustment is mainly for those who prefer to retain more Co2 in their water column during the active photoperiod during the day (less surface agitation, while the pearling plants are what achieve maximum oxygen saturation in the water instead)... then only at night they aerate further by lifting up the lily pipe. It's an alternative to running an air stone at night.

I remember reading about ADA staff diligently lifting all the lily pipes on their gallery tanks every night... the benefits of having a team of dedicated professional staff maintain tanks.

Hmm, have to save up for vivi / gush lily pipe ! But is it easily break?
    Those are good quality glassware... still made of glass though, so can still break if dropped or mishandled. That being said, the glass used in those brands are thicker and more consistent, so they tend to be abit more durable.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 26th May 2015 at 00:09.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Haha, why you put the biomedia in small bags? Why don't mix them all into one big bag?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The small packet is Seachem Purigen. The bio media is Azoo mix with Seachem Martix.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Yeah, the adjustment is mainly for those who prefer to retain more Co2 in their water column during the active photoperiod during the day (less surface agitation, while the pearling plants are what achieve maximum oxygen saturation in the water instead)... then only at night they aerate further by lifting up the lily pipe. It's an alternative to running an air stone at night.

I remember reading about ADA staff diligently lifting all the lily pipes on their gallery tanks every night... the benefits of having a team of dedicated professional staff maintain tanks.

Those are good quality glassware... still made of glass though, so can still break if dropped or mishandled. That being said, the glass used in those brands are thicker and more consistent, so they tend to be abit more durable.
    ADA is really professional ! Japanese ppl are really dedicated. Seaview selling Vivi, got those round shape inlet and outlet shape, kinda weird to me. Not those normal lily pipe.
    shape. is the 'Spin' shape better ?

Oh wait, if round shape, confirm clean until siao !! Just imagine you use the flexible brush to clean, on my gosh !

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Lily pipes can also be positioned to generate a lot of surface agitation too... if you read some of the ADA equipment user guides, they recommend to lift the lily pipes higher during night time (the lily pipe mouth is positioned halfway above the water level), so that it creates lots of surface agitation to oxygenate the water.

Source: http://www.adana.co.jp/en/contents/p.../detail04.html

Though that will also tend to produce bubbling noises and water droplets splashing around (depending on the height of the lily pipe)... similar to a spray bar positioned at or above the water surface.
    I do a variation of this, I jam the curved section of the lily pipe against my tank edge forward so that the opening is positioned and angled downwards and deeper in the water before I leave for work in the morning, and at night before going to bed (when lights & CO2 is off), I unjam and push the pipe backwards so it's angled slightly upwards to agitate the surface. I had to play with the initial lily pipe position together with a good suction cap initially to achieve the optimal position but once that's done, it's pretty straightforward. I'm using Viv lily pipes btw (bought from AA) so far for close to 2 months, it's ok.

Should be ok right?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

ADA is really professional ! Japanese ppl are really dedicated. Seaview selling Vivi, got those round shape inlet and outlet shape, kinda weird to me. Not those normal lily pipe.
    shape. is the 'Spin' shape better ?

Oh wait, if round shape, confirm clean until siao !! Just imagine you use the flexible brush to clean, on my gosh !
    Yea, saw this strange looking ring shape before, wonder how the flow is going to be like. Guess you'd have to used inline CO2 like that?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The small packet is Seachem Purigen. The bio media is Azoo mix with Seachem Martix.
    I mean can mix all the bags below the Purigen into one big bag. Different media also can mix together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I mean can mix all the bags below the Purigen into one big bag. Different media also can mix together.
    My tray is kinda tight, dont think can fit if i mix all into a bag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by HBK16 View Post
    Yea, saw this strange looking ring shape before, wonder how the flow is going to be like. Guess you'd have to used inline CO2 like that?
    Wa really weird shape, i am using inline reactor co2.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha, why you put the biomedia in small bags? Why don't mix them all into one big bag?
    I think you probably mistook Azoo bio-media as being in small bags... they just look like that, not in small bags.

Source: www.rainbowaq.com.sg
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by HBK16 View Post
    That "spin" design is meant to be used with higher flow rate canister filters in much smaller tanks with short length, like 1ft tanks.

With the ring output design, there will be much less forward flow and more sideways flow, so it further diffuses the current and spreads it out to a much wider area.

Some people can still use it with a normal in-tank diffuser/atomiser as there is still some forward flow (the forward current is just less than with normal pipes), so it all depends on the tank layout.

Cleaning it is slightly more tricky though, but still quite easy with a good quality flexible pipe brush.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I noob and budget, my filter box i use tupperware

I'm A Newbie Pls Don't Flame Me

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by takaco View Post
    I noob and budget, my filter box i use tupperware...
    I also like to make my own custom filter.

I am looking for those transparent plastic sheets which can be cut and made into a box using glue.
    Do you know where I can buy the plastic sheets?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I also like to make my own custom filter.

I am looking for those transparent plastic sheets which can be cut and made into a box using glue.
    Do you know where I can buy the plastic sheets?
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...-acrylic-sheet

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...quarium-covers
    I'm A Newbie Pls Don't Flame Me

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you. You are so kind.
    I must make a trip to Art Friend at Bras Basah Complex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12