Country
    Singapore

Jap Hairgrass not growing?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I have planted some jap hairgrass for my 2ft tank on 8 May, there are some creepers but they are growing very slowly. I dose half a cap of Flourish Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium and the Flourish with micro/trace elements every few days as I know hairgrass are quire demanding of ferts, however, I am afraid to dose too much such that the TDS goes up too much etc >200. There is also a diy co2 setup used, quite alot of tiny bubbles. Also added some fauna to clear algae and provide additional co2 and natural ferts

Fauna: 8 neon tetras, 3 yamato shrimps, 7 RCS

Temp: 28-29C

TDS: 197

I do not know my lighting specs

What can I do to grow jap hairgrass faster?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Jap Hairgrass not growing?

more light and CO2 . Seriously you plant on 8th May, it is only about a week, your rate is considered normal. Take about a month probably before it start to pick up the pace. In the mean time just relax and enjoy
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Jap Hairgrass not growing?

Do check up on the specs of your light set (so that you can compare to what others have used before for reference), and also get a drop checker to make sure the Co2 is actually at optimal levels (ie. just seeing alot of bubbles from the diffuser doesn't indicate if they are efficiently dissolving and distributing around the water column, it could end up being too low or too high).

You'll definitely need to find out more about your tank equipment and whether they are working effectively, otherwise there is no reference point to work from.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com