Country
    Malaysia

ermmmm..DIY light

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hey guys is me again
    due to the hot weather i change the ballast for my fixture into e ballast.
    since i m in penang ..i found out Jln Dato kramat is equal to sim lin tower in singapore to get electronic stuff.

i bought two eballast 15watt one for rm12 to convert my existing ballast.
    and i think i m overcharge for the reflector for my DIY light..rm21 for 2 feet 2 tube reflector. but i know is stilll cheaper than singapoe right? i wanted to buy the four feet reflector but the guy told me is hard to cut aluminium...not nice.is it true?

as i reach home dismantle my 12 gallon fixture,install the eallast......on the 1st switch...evrything ok..the second switch,wondering why the tube flickering since e ballast does not do that..after 2 second....BOMB.the 2nd eballast exploded ...gosh? anyone tell me wat happen?i use the same wiring just change the ballast n everything ok?faulty ballast?hahahahaha.

currently i m using 30wat e ballast for a 15 watt FL....is this ok?am i overdriving the tube?btw .....i had no idea where to conect the earth wire...hehehehehe...but i m still running the fixture now.
    12g planted tank
    22g low ligh planted discus tank
    4g fish only marine tank
    never say never to start a new tank....if got enough money

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    aluminium is easy to cut. you can even cut it with a thick blade scissors.

why the bomb? do you have a picture of your connection? can't tell from your description.

you can drive a 15w pl from a 30w eballast. you are not overdriving it so don't worry.

just connect the earth wire to the metal housing of your light set. make sure you terminate the other end at the 3 pin plug.