Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: What percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide is suitable for aquarium and where can I buy it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide is suitable for aquarium and where can I buy it?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering what percentage of Hydrogen peroxide is suitable for my aquarium as I saw many hydrogen peroxide percentages on the different websites I surfed. Is there a difference between food-grade percentage and normal percentage as I read up that food-grade percentage must be 35% to be suitable for aquarium use. Can I buy my hydrogen peroxide from any pharmacy or must I buy it from a fish shop?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Happydanio

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide is suitable for aquarium and where can I buy

There's a thread here for your reference:-
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...en-peroxide-35
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide is suitable for aquarium and where can I buy

Thanks for your reply!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Guardian has it. But I would not recommend using it. Better off adjust your lighting period and fert dosage. For the fish

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Hip View Post
    Guardian has it. But I would not recommend using it. Better off adjust your lighting period and fert dosage. For the fish
    I agree with you. It is always better to treat the cause rather than the symptoms.
    By treating the symptoms, we may be unknowingly creating other more serious problems and complications.
    It's better to get the basics rights first.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Hip View Post
    While there's alot of reason for Algae bloom but usually if you are having green spot algae or hair algae or any typical algae that are not of worries and can be controlled via less lighting less feeding more water change etc then yes you don't have to use H202... but but if you had been battling BGA like me for weeks then yes its time to nuke it then talk later hahaha. My nitrate level was too low and that's what caused it but first thing first, gotta eliminate the threat before fine tuning the water parameters.

You can basically buy a bottle of H202 from either Unity or Guardian. 7 SGD plus for a 3% 500ml bottle. H202 is meant to be spot treatment so don't pour it entirely into your tank. Don't ever go above 2 ml / 12l (Calculate from there). Anything more you will start to get some serious problem with your fishes. Spot treatment the algae usually 1 to 2 hours before your water change. The Hydrogen peroxide works incredibly well, you can see fizzling within minutes of contact with H2O2 which means it is working and within an hr or so they will turn pale and its time to vacuum them up.

Great way of controlling and it is pretty safe if you don't go crazy on the dosage.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

watch this...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks! AQMS!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Remember to turn off your filter while doing so, to avoid killing your bacteria.

I mostly spot treat with hydrogen peroxide for BGA; for BBA I use excel. Thereafter, let my algae crew clean up the dead algae. Try to dose a bit of prime because dead algae could cause ammonia spike, especially if you get over zealous killing algae the first time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by AQMS View Post

watch this...
    A vid speak a thousand words hahaha