Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: does co2 reactor require high pressure to work?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

does co2 reactor require high pressure to work?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    i used to have a co2 diffusor which i gave up using cos it doesn't work. i suspect most likely it's due to low pressure, even though i am using a new refilled co2 tank. i have never used a reactor. does it also require high co2 pressure to work? what is the concept behind a reactor for it to work? Thanks in advance.
    Cheers
    Boon Yong

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    imo, I think its choked.. jus bleach the diffuser for a few secs... a reactor works along with a cannister filter or a modified internal filter... diff brand have diff dissolve method.. example, the taiwanese have bio balls in them.. water enters the reactor and mix with the co2.. it is said to have a better dissolve rate than any other diffusers

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    can diy co2 system use those taiwanese diffusor?[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yes
    but the windup time is longer, and it stops working sooner than if you compare it to a reactor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry dea.. what is windup time? simi is reactor?? got pic? me new to this lah.. tried to diy co2 and in the morning, discovered that the mixture and foam leaks back into the tank.. polluting the tank.. yucks.. resulting.. one oto died... sigh..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    windup time is the time between mixing the diy co2 stuff and the time when the co2 starts to be produced

you should have used a check valve

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    why didn't i think of that.. thanks dea.. tomolo i get one.. ehhehe..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    btw, will the check valve affect the gas flow as in the sense that it limits the flow.. what if it clogs up at the valve.. wouldn't it stop the air flow altogether???[]

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 3/30/2002 2:24:58 AM

btw, will the check valve affect the gas flow as in the sense that it limits the flow.. what if it clogs up at the valve.. wouldn't it stop the air flow altogether???[]
    ----------------
    kelstorm, just put a bubble counter in between the diy co2 and the co2 reactor..to filter and to prevent the sugar/alcohol from entering the tank... before I have the bubble counter, there are always slime sticking at the entrance of the co2 reactor after a while...

As for the windup time problem, always mix our new diy co2 at night so the next morning, the co2 production have already begun..