Singapore

Re: Post updates for LFS Map here

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Mego Aquarium at Jln Mas Puteh is down

DSC_0052.jpg
    Last edited by cumzilla; 31st Jul 2015 at 23:47.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Labeo Aquarium Co at 164 Tampines St 12 is no LFS, saw only empty fish tanks inside, same for Zen Blue Marine Aquarium Trading at 51 Circuit Road, looks like a provision shop, same for Eng Ban Hock Tropical Fish & Birds at 541 Jurong West Ave 1, seems to be selling joss paper/stick and stuff, and its unit number has changed from the one listed on map.

DSC_0055.jpg

dunno if admin/mod should remove these shops, personally, i do not consider them as LFSes cos not a single live fish inside...

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Qian Long Aquarium at 249 Jurong St 24, no unit number on map, got FB page with address, pls update

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Qian-...o&tab=overview

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cumzilla View Post
    Leong Heng Aquarium & Trading at 73A Jln Besar is down.
    Yeah... I went there around March or April... can't find the shop and suspected it got closed down. =(

XD Went to marine parade and realize the only aquarium left is Sam's pet & aquarium. Where are all the aquarium & pet shop I used to see in the past =( or did I remember wrongly?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Blk 505 Jurong West St 52 is market, saw 1 LFS there, auntie told me their unit no is #01-162, shop name is hai quan or chuan (googled found is hai chuan)

Attachment 49770

did not go and look for unit no. #01-147, which is the one listed on map, dunno whether it existed or wrong unit no. or mayb there are 2 LFSes in the market
    Last edited by cumzilla; 1st Aug 2015 at 00:31.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Bern C View Post
    Yeah... I went there around March or April... can't find the shop and suspected it got closed down. =(

XD Went to marine parade and realize the only aquarium left is Sam's pet & aquarium. Where are all the aquarium & pet shop I used to see in the past =( or did I remember wrongly?
    Yeah Bern,

I once searched up and down for the aquarium at Roxy Katong too. And I remember there was also another one at Tanjong Katong Road opposite the post office.
    So sian that many LFS are no more. I always like LFS and bird shops.

By the way, do you know whether Pet Safari at Simei is still there?
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    Yeah Bern,

I once searched up and down for the aquarium at Roxy Katong too. And I remember there was also another one at Tanjong Katong Road opposite the post office.

At Roxy Square, it's actually Kelson Betta - specializing in Betta - they don't sell very much else there.

There's one at the basement facing the outdoor area at Katong Shopping Centre - the place where LAN gaming used to be very popular. Now it's full of agencies for domestic workers. The selection at the aquarium here is okay. Usually out of stock for the more popular stuff. If all else fails, at least the food court has decent chicken rice and the czechar place (Miki's) sells some good food.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah Bern,

XD I only being to vivo & nex branch. Not sure about Simei. Yeah =( Once flooding the whole neighborhood and vanished one by one.

Roxy Kelson betta shop kinda hard to find.. Followed my friend there last year but can't find the unit number then asked somebody then realized there's another block/side where need to go up and down some flight of stairs to reach there. Then realized they are not opened yet. @_@

I remember(childhood memory) TPY central blk190 used to have a pet shop beside the ArtnCraft shop.. They used to sell weird weird stuff, like chick & duckling. And... I have memory of them selling miniature pig or piglets. XD Anyone still remember this pet shop?? The Artncraft shop also gone long ago liao.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wow! Thanks for doing the legwork, cumzilla.

~ Sent via Tapatalk on Android ~
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by vinz View Post
    Wow! Thanks for doing the legwork, cumzilla.

~ Sent via Tapatalk on Android ~
    no problem, i was looking for my fishes at the same time, last time i used to go around neighbourhoods looking for LFSes blindly, at least now have a map that can guide me

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by drekfoo View Post
    At Roxy Square, it's actually Kelson Betta - specializing in Betta - they don't sell very much else there.

There's one at the basement facing the outdoor area at Katong Shopping Centre - the place where LAN gaming used to be very popular. Now it's full of agencies for domestic workers. The selection at the aquarium here is okay. Usually out of stock for the more popular stuff. If all else fails, at least the food court has decent chicken rice and the czechar place (Miki's) sells some good food.
    I did see Kelson Betta at the upstairs shopping mall, but went a few rounds searching for the other aquarium, which I undertsand was supposed to be at the ground or basement level.
    Must go to Katong Shopping Center again, thence to Marine Parade. Hopefully to find some outstanding fish.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

no problem, i was looking for my fishes at the same time, last time i used to go around neighbourhoods looking for LFSes blindly, at least now have a map that can guide me
    Yes. kudos to Aquatic Quotient Forum's Vinz .
    This feature is extremely desirable. Good work, mate.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just back from bedok, Han Zi pet shop unit no. is #01-3003, block is correct under detail, but dunno why put as 152 Serangoon North Ave 1 on map

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/A...MAIN_TRADE_DES

Best Aquarium at 631 Bedok Reservoir Road is now called 163 Aquarium & Trading

DSC_0056.jpg

Ultra aquarium at the next block is now called Ultraclean, a laundry shop, so another down...

DSC_0054.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes. kudos to Aquatic Quotient Forum's Vinz .
    This feature is extremely desirable. Good work, mate.
    Not just me. Quite a few other AQ moderators/members helped to do the first version of it years ago. It kinda got neglected as people come and go. Decided to revive it after someone linked to it in one of the Facebook groups.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

cumzilla, If you do go down to the Serangoon area, check on D P S Fashion Enterprise. For some reason, it is in AVA's list of rated aquarium shops.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

While trying to find the name of Hai Chuan Aquarium, came across the website for Hong Tai Aquarium Products which is the manufacturer for RidAll brand. Very old local brand that I remember my father was using in the 70s and 80s.

The website looks very very old, but has a list of LFSes that supposedly sells their products. Probably outdated, but here it is, in case anyone is interested: http://www.hongtai.com.sg/frames/local.html

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi vinz, appreciate your latest update of the map. It actually nicer with the fish marker compared to those different colour markers. But you miss out on removing hougang aquarium and pet centre.

confirmed closed down already.

Actually visited woodlands, bukit panjang and bukit batok on sunday, but seeing that mayb too many info. for you to update, so have not posted yet. Will do so later tonight.

cumzilla, If you do go down to the Serangoon area, check on D P S Fashion Enterprise. For some reason, it is in AVA's list of rated aquarium shops.
    Used to stay at serangoon and visited before, so can confirm its a LFS share with a clothing store if i am not wrong, but i long time never been there, dunno if still around.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Went to Chinatown Complex, passed by Blk 4 Sago Lane and saw a aquarium & pet shop on 2nd floor. I felt nostalgic and decided to go up to take a look. XD Some vague flashbacks came into my mind and I realized that I had been to this pet shop when I was a kids. Surprised it's still there. A oldie LFS that has some birds and rabbit. 1/2 of the shop is freshwater section while the other 1/2 is marine. I'm amazed by a marine tank as I didn't know marine tank can be as low tech. The setup is so simple, HOF + UGF + lights. Very interesting LFS, Wong Loy Kee Aquarium Store.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Went to Chinatown Complex, passed by Blk 4 Sago Lane and saw a aquarium & pet shop on 2nd floor. I felt nostalgic and decided to go up to take a look. XD Some vague flashbacks came into my mind and I realized that I had been to this pet shop when I was a kids. Surprised it's still there. A oldie LFS that has some birds and rabbit. 1/2 of the shop is freshwater section while the other 1/2 is marine. I'm amazed by a marine tank as I didn't know marine tank can be as low tech. The setup is so simple, HOF + UGF + lights. Very interesting LFS, Wong Loy Kee Aquarium Store.
    Whenever I go to Chinatown, I will be sure to pop in at this LFS.
    But do note that they open quite late (about 2pm) when I visited, probably because they also close late.
    This is a nice LFS. I like the tank in front with many species of Tetras which are mature and big.

This LGS may be a bit hard to find for new hobbyists. If coming via New Bridge Road, just go up the Food Center walk to the far end of it, where you will see the LFS at the next building. If coming via South Bridge Road, it is at the building near to the big Buddhist Temple. As you walk pass the temple, the LFS is in the block on the left of the entrance to the Shopping Centre/Market/Food center.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

While trying to find the name of Hai Chuan Aquarium, came across the website for Hong Tai Aquarium Products which is the manufacturer for RidAll brand. Very old local brand that I remember my father was using in the 70s and 80s.

The website looks very very old, but has a list of LFSes that supposedly sells their products. Probably outdated, but here it is, in case anyone is interested: http://www.hongtai.com.sg/frames/local.html
    I remember there's an interesting LFS opposite Centrepoint called Sabaab Centre. It was a very long LFS extending deep into an alley (like the old Change Alley).
    To this day I have yet to meet anyone who remembers that LFS. Still looking.

Also interesting was the "Macho Ranchus" shop inside Centrepoint.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast