Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What kind of glue to use?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, does anyone know what kind of glue is safe to use in aquarium to stick moss on driftwood or stone? Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: What kind of glue to use?

You can use super glue, go for those that are gel or jelly type, so that they can retain their blob shape while you attach the plants (the liquid types will just drip all over the place and make a mess).

Check out an example of the glue i used in this thread (its the jelly-type super glue bought from Daiso): http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...r-Glue-Pebbles

Note that using glue to attach moss is abit more tricky as moss is smaller and more delicate, so the key is to only use very tiny amounts to avoid creating an unsightly mess.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank youbso much UA. Finally know which type of glue that is safe in aquarium.
    About the moss, should I chop the moss into smaller pieces before I glue them?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by onnonn View Post
    Thank youbso much UA. Finally know which type of glue that is safe in aquarium.
    About the moss, should I chop the moss into smaller pieces before I glue them?
    The chopping/grinding up moss method is usually meant to just be pushed into rough surfaces of rocks or wood, then either grow them out by dry-start method (aka DSM) or just flood the tank and hope some of the bits attach on over time... i think if glue is used, most the bits would likely get covered and damaged or "burnt" by the super glue's chemical reaction during curing, so probably it's not a suitable method.

For gluing moss, it's better to just separate them into small clumps, then simply place a small dot of glue at the base of each clump and attach it to the object. In that way there is minimal glue residue and most of the moss is still healthy and undamaged in the process.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I see. Thank you for the explaination.