Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Exotic tetras

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I love keeping Tetras especailly attracted to those exotic kinds...

Anybody keeping the non common tetras or the more exotic tetras or sp variant that seldom available in normal LFS. Care share some pictures and where to buy them.

Wonder anybody that is crazy for exotic tetras too?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Exotic tetras

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    I love keeping Tetras especailly attracted to those exotic kinds...
    Anybody keeping the non common tetras or the more exotic tetras or sp variant that seldom available in normal LFS. Care share some pictures and where to buy them. Wonder anybody that is crazy for exotic tetras too?
    Exotic fish are okay but it is also important to know the character of the particular species fish.
    Some species are exotic but unable to co-exist with other species. A species tank is best.

For tetras, my favourite used to be those long-fin Serpae Tetra in a species tank, but in my experience, they ended up destroying one another's beautiful finnage. Very frust.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How many did you keep? Tank size? Is it too congested?

I don't keep fish that is aggressive. Tetras are generally peaceful fish.. Except a few certain species..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I don't keep fish that is aggressive. Tetras are generally peaceful fish.. Except a few certain species..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I kept 8 of them in a nano tank.

I have also kept 10x Balloon Red Eye Tetra's. These are delightful tetras which are cute and they eat well.
    They are very greedy though, as they are watchful of food and can fill their mouths full of pellet food.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Tank maybe too small without much space for them to have their own territory. A bigger tank will be better.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

image.jpg

Anybody keep lereto tetra?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Tank maybe too small without much space for them to have their own territory. A bigger tank will be better.
    I believe the tank size does not make them aggressive.
    If they are squeezed in a small tank, they should be stressed rather than aggressive.
    I have kept 10 male territorial guoramis in a small tank and they all became docile due to the stress.
    In a bigger tank, they would have quickly injured one another and tore fins.

No thanks to long-fin Serpae Tetras, not anymore.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Attachment 49795
    MY new tetra with a bit reddish at the tail..

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Used to have a bunch of weitzmanni tetras. They were rather picky eaters in my experience and the group died in the end. In my experience, the hard part with these exotic tetras is that most of them are wild caught. Hence they are usually sold in bad condition and are really skinny and have internal parasites/bacteria. Must quarantine them very well before keeping them.

If you want to get these tetras, there are a few shops you can try. Jzx pet boutique at AMK has quite a variety like weitzmanni tetras, tucano tetras, flame back bleeding heart tetras. Just wait for their south america shipment. Aquarist chamber has copelandii tetras now, sometimes they have tucano tetras and coffee bean tetras. Otherwise aquatic avenue at redhill also has a few rare ones, saw weitzmanni tetras there previously. Lastly, you can try c328, they have some shipments of splashing tetras occasionally.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Got some Catalina tetra from AA. They got so big that I have to pass to my friend to keep them in a 5ft tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

image.jpg
    Weitzmani tetra is a picky eater, always like to hide in my big tank. Don't last long in my big tank. Can't get to eat or compete with my orthers tetras. Maybe should be kept as a single spices. Very beautify and shy fish, but I am not sucessful in keeping them. Live feed will be better..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Jxz pet is at Amk hub central? Will popby to check out. Thx bro

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

image.jpg
    I think Catalina tetra is also called arawana tetra.
    This photo doesn't justify the beauty of the fish. It has some red colors at its tail ends..I had this in my tank. Got mine from aquarist chamber. Look very fierce but gentle in nature. It can reach 6cm!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Keep it up bros, let's share our tetras experiences and keeping the tetras flame alive��

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

To me Red Ruby Tetra (Axelrodia riesei) is difficult to get and keep alive. Need to buy them stable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Catalina tetra is not arowana tetra. I have seen the arowana tetra at aquarist chamber and they are different from Catalina tetra. Catalina tetra can grow up to 18cm in size.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have 3 Weizmani tetra left in my tank. They don't seems to be such picky eater. Used to have quite a lot of them which I got from aquatic avenue. Currently the 3 of them in my tank have been eating decap brine shrimp eggs and small shrimplets in my tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by seudzar View Post
    I have 3 Weizmani tetra left in my tank. They don't seems to be such picky eater. Used to have quite a lot of them which I got from aquatic avenue. Currently the 3 of them in my tank have been eating decap brine shrimp eggs and small shrimplets in my tank.
    You are keeping them with any other fishes? Will they be able to eat flakes food other than brine shrimp?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You are keeping them with any other fishes? Will they be able to eat flakes food other than brine shrimp?
    Yup, they do eat flakes but only one kind. They also readily take frozen brine shrimp too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast