Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Can dry ice be use to supply CO2 to a tank while chilling the tank at the same time?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Red face Can dry ice be use to supply CO2 to a tank while chilling the tank at the same time?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anybody thought of using dry ice as CO2 supply while chilling the whole system? Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, right?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Can dry ice be use to supply CO2 to a tank while chilling the tank at the same ti

How do you plan to store it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Can dry ice be use to supply CO2 to a tank while chilling the tank at the same ti

Wa hahahhaa if its that simple many people will be using already bro

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Initially, I thought a diy thermaflash with outlet tubing to the tank will work. The generation rate of CO2 gas will then depant on the dry ice sublimaton rate. But later on found that the CO2 will change it's volume by 500 times from solid state to gas. I think we need something that can hold the pressure. A pressure cooker might works better but some modification is needed. While looking at suitable pressure cooker container, I came across this things called pressure paint pot. Find this out here,
    http://www.tonson-motor.com/e/p009.htm
    Something like this can be an idea for this DIY project. Hahahah.......

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Before the late Takashi Amano discovered pressure co2 usage in aquariums, he experimented with dry ice and soda water, both proved to be expensive, ultimately leading to pressurized co2.
    The cost of replacing the dry ice every few days will rapidly mount up as it does disappear quickly even inside a freezer.Plus too much CO2 will kill your plants. It's hard to control the
    sublimation rate of dry ice, so you have no way of regulating the atmospheric content. If you really want co2 supply then buy a co2 tank and a regulator.

Talking about co2 make me search for this old video,still the best...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTP4yp8y_NA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I like your video. Hahaha. ..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Was that video taken in Singapore......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by happydanio123 View Post
    Was that video taken in Singapore......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    No. Probably America judging from their accent. Anyway the houses and cars were a dead give away la.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk