Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cherry Shrimp (would appreciate Help!)

Cherry Shrimp (would appreciate Help!)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi,

would really appreciate help to answer my queries!

1. i bought 50 cherries from NA, and they've been in the shrimp-only tank for about 4 days. initially, they were swimming about the tank like crazy, but have settled down recently. my concern is: most of them seem to be hiding, does that mean there is a problem? or is it only normal, considering the shrimp have been around for only 4 days?

2. when i throw fish food (sinking pellets) to feed the shrimp, it seems that a few do come out to the open to eat them, but the rest of them don't acutally seem interested. but the food does disappear though, so it means they do eat. the thing is: i've seen many pics. of shrimps belonging to other owners gathering to eat. so are there any problems with my shrimp then?

3. i'm using a regular internal box filter (small one), but the current it gives out seems to be quite strong. is that ok for the shrimp? those that swim in front of the outlet get swept away.

4. also, with the ac fan blowing on the surface of the water, and the contribution from the filter's current, the duckweed on the water surface keep moving about. on the whole, the tank doesn't look v. peaceful/still at all. any suggestions?

thanks for all the help in advance!

Feedback Score
    Give them some time to settle down in their new environment.
    Its Not a Game, Its a New World™

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    seems like your shrimp are mostly of the antisocial variety, perhaps a few ice breaker games, speed dating and name cards will help them be more social

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    don't over worry so much. They will find food for themselves. They hide because they are shy . Its perfectly normal that some/major will hide away in driftwood, plants...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    seems like your shrimp are mostly of the antisocial variety, perhaps a few ice breaker games, speed dating and name cards will help them be more social
    LOL.... perhaps some desktop PCs so that they can start some online dating first???

Bro giddygid, dun worry too much bout them, since u mentioned u bought yr cherries from NA, I presume they are still quite juvenile. Give them some time to adapt to the new enviornment, soon u will see them roaming ard the tank freely.
    William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    let them settle down ba....i bought 2 cheeries, put them in a 1/2 ft tank with wood n moss....next few days, they hatched quite a number of baby shrimps!!! be patient n await surprises!!

cheers,
    eman
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Smile

Hi,
    you're consider yourself lucky to have your Cherry shrimp hiding, at least you still have 50 pcs. I brought 10 from NA too, now left only 1 and the rest all disappeared. As I use Eheim external filter, at first all 10 of them being sucked into the filter and I actually saved them and put back to the tank.

Now I use pre-filter and still only 1 left but growing well! This shrimp is just so small..

hmm..the shrimp are doing quitr well now..very active..and they even play around with the bees (which survived! surprise!)..