1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Looking for samurai gouramis

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Am looking for samurai gourami, anyone who sees them in LFS please let me know. I know GC has them but my pocket is too thin to afford there. Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Looking for samurai gouramis

The cheapest seem like seaview 5 for $18. I also patiently waiting from seaview.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I am impatient.... Lol.. Went to KS to buy liao. But the tank condition seems not that good. Need to quarantine them. I lost the whole population of samurai in my tank due to adding of pygmeous corydoras which I got from c328 which I never quarantine them. Really damn sad

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Superstar aquarium have them ....i think 5 or 6 dollars a piece, do call them first to check for availability,because the last time i check there are only a few left.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh mine. Pygmy Cory in C328 is spotted type? I saw today seaview selling. U sure is the Cory that causes your gourami death? This samurai super sensitive and they are picky in their food. Btw I also have Pygmy Cory in my tank for almost 6 month, they swim in school pack. Super cute.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Suspect, cos the gourami started to die one by one after I add in the corydoras. Not only the gourami dies, some other fishes also die as the result, the death only slows down and stop after I add in anti-bacteria and anti- external bacteria. But all is too late. The spotted Cory should be hasborsus, pygmeous is a straight line on the body. My samurai are not picky on food, they eat practically anything I feed them including algae waffer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Where is KS? How much you brought?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

KS is at yishun area. Got it for $9 each. It will be $23 for 3

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by seudzar View Post
    KS is at yishun area. Got it for $9 each. It will be $23 for 3
    Still cheaper than the one I paid at GC. 5 pieces at $85. So far only 2 survived.
    This week, i am also losing samurai gourami in my tank. Chocolate gourami and coral purple pencil fish are okay but the samurai gourami that I lost just don't eat all of a sudden, got weaker and eventually landed in my skimmer. They have been in my tank since June till now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

[iQUOTE=hann;827947]Still cheaper than the one I paid at GC. 5 pieces at $85. So far only 2 survived.
    This week, i am also losing samurai gourami in my tank. Chocolate gourami and coral purple pencil fish are okay but the samurai gourami that I lost just don't eat all of a sudden, got weaker and eventually landed in my skimmer. They have been in my tank since June till now.[/QUOTE]

Oh my, any ideas what did you do to the tank before they stop eating?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I emptied a few packets of erythromycin over 4 days to treat the bga issue and add in a zebra too. The zebra oto seems to contract white spot like on its fins but recovered without any treatment. Now is still as healthy as usual. Also during this period I added zucchini for the Otos to graze and I also noticed the gouramis pecked on it. Not sure which of these causes it. However, the other 5 pieces of samurai gourami left are not affected. For those that dies, two out of four lost balance while they swim. They were either near surface or at the bottom

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

It could spread... Look for their breathing behavior...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hey, i do saw my zebra otos with white spot, but after a while, the white spot gone. Anyway i feel samurai gouramis is a very very sensitive fish ! Chocolate is soo much easier to take care !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hahaha.... I still think that chocolate gourami are harder than samurai. Recently saw the batch of chocolate gourami on sale in seaview, 90% are sick or stress out. 100% unable to recover

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Hey, i do saw my zebra otos with white spot, but after a while, the white spot gone. Anyway i feel samurai gouramis is a very very sensitive fish ! Chocolate is soo much easier to take care !
    I dont think that they are that sensitive, it depend on how well the water condition is, that why at GC is a bit ex because its already acclimatized and stable.
    Recently my regulator turn rogue on me and pump a gazillion bps into the tank without me realizing because the light is off, i only realized when i heard air trap sound in the filter,when i turn
    on the lights, i see my oto doing 'backstroke' on the surface my samurai gouramis are all on the surface gasping for air... it was bad,bad enough that my regular have condensation on it.
    All 9 of my synodontis dead, 10 otos dead and a few other fishes as well but all 5 samurai are still alive..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh gosh, i suppose it is Co2 poisoning and lack of oxygen. Ya gourami can live with low oxygen, so they can survive. Even my water parameters is good but they just picky about food. Shortly after, it just die one by one. The rest of my fishes is ok.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ooh yes they are picky eater.... if they already being fed on blood worms then it take time for them to switch to pallet food.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zerofighterx101 View Post
    ooh yes they are picky eater.... if they already being fed on blood worms then it take time for them to switch to pallet food.
    Ya lo. Because of Samurai gourami, i went to buy Hikari Frozen Bloodworm, but once i fed them, my other fishes like guppy and tetra quickly finish the blood worm before my samurai can finish it. Maybe this is the harsh reality world, only the fastest and strongest that can survive. The weaker one will die first

PS. no joke, even chocolate gourami can snack very fast ! Samurai is really slow and picky fish !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Ya lo. Because of Samurai gourami, i went to buy Hikari Frozen Bloodworm, but once i fed them, my other fishes like guppy and tetra quickly finish the blood worm before my samurai can finish it. Maybe this is the harsh reality world, only the fastest and strongest that can survive. The weaker one will die first

PS. no joke, even chocolate gourami can snack very fast ! Samurai is really slow and picky fish !
    If you want to make them eat pellets, you need to train them first.

But that requires putting them (all the Samurai Guoramis) into a separate 'training tank'.
    Starve them for as long as they need. Start by crushing the pellets into tiny granules and train them to eat it. They will first nibble and spit out. But when they are too hungry, they will eat some. Then when they are used to the taste after a few days, give them bigger ones. It is the unfamiliar taste and feel that make them spit out.

Fish, like dogs, take time and patience to train.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Samurai is back in seaview...!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast