Advertise here

Advertise here
    Oh mine. I on vacation le.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Looking for samurai gouramis

These new batch of samurai from seaview is not very good. I bought 15, 1 jump out, 4 died, the dead ones all has blood streaks on their bodies, not sure what causes them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Another 3 died, same symptoms, all the dead bodies having blood streak lines

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh mine.. how about the balance? Ytd i was at seaview, there is no samurai le.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

All died..... Sad, try aquatic connection. They have them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh mine.. it seem that Seaview Samurai gouramis are really in bad condition. No wonder they sell so cheap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Greenchapter have

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Warning:
    Recently I got myself 3 samurai gourami and placed it in my community tank of cherries, guppy and endler. I didn't realize one of my female endlers gave birth until I saw my 3 samurai on feeding frenzy. I got deceived by their tiny mouth, slow and elegant movement. On the 1st few days, they were always nipping on the plants & substrate, and are not interested in the shrimps. At first I was worried they might eat my shrimplets but later I drop that thought due to their slow movement. BUT I WAS WRONG... THEY CAN SWIM AS FAST AS THE ENDLER FRY. I saw them on the frenzy, chasing and ate an fry in front of my eyes. I'm shocked and quickly fished the 3 samurai out of the tank. Hopefully they won't die in my 1-2months old tank. Also.... don't deceived by their tiny mouth. They can swallow the whole 1cm endlers fry. I manage to save 4 fry, hopefully there are some still hiding. =(

Until now I never see them eating dry food. @_@ Any idea how to train them to take dry food?? They are always not interested even I didn't feed the tank with live food. XD probably there are live food for them in the tank, ie shrimplets and frys @_@

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You should separate out the fry out once you seen it. As for shrimplet, guess you really have to provide a lot of moss or hiding space for them to hide.
    Samurai Gourami fav food is live food. Not easy to train them to eat dry food, guess they rather starve to death.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    You should separate out the fry out once you seen it. As for shrimplet, guess you really have to provide a lot of moss or hiding space for them to hide.
    Samurai Gourami fav food is live food. Not easy to train them to eat dry food, guess they rather starve to death.
    I was thinking of removing the fry too but the fry are too small and fast. Then while looking for the fry, =.= my 3 samurai spotted the fry before me and chasing it around the tank. So I decided to fish the 3 samurai out. @__@ They are really good predator.

Probably some of my shrimplets are dead . Recently, I didn't see much shrimplets of 1cm or less... I saw them keep loitering and nipping around the moss and plant. Unlike guppy, they like to stay in heavily planted area and nipping. @_@ I not confirm whether they eat shrimplets as I haven't chance upon them eating the shrimplets.

=( I afraid of starving them too as I read from here that they are sensitive fish. I think no choice, I gotta feed them live food as main course.
    Now I worried about the water parameter... cos i tested the water of the lfs, it's near ph7-8. Then I place them in the community tank ph 6.8-7.2. Then now I place them in 1-2 month old tank with aquasoil & air filter only. So ph probably 6-6.5 ba as I havent test yet. Hopefully they able to survive.. Morning they look fine.

Is there a different between brown samurai and chocolate?? XD They looks kinda same also kinda different... So confused. @_@

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12