Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ah Pek farm now at 33 Pasir Ris Farmway 2, Lorong Halus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    When to look for Ah Pek aka Capricorn Plant Farm today. They have shifted lock, stock and barrel to 33 PRF2, where Ganges used to be and taken over the farm lot formerly occupied by that other group (headed by a rather fierce young lady).

Now in size, it's comparable with Teo's. Ah Pek's just moved in, so a lot of the concrete tanks are still weedy, but currently they have quite a lot of mosses, riccia tied to wood, Nuphar, crypts, vals, Anubias, tiger lilies, the usual gamut of stem plants.

It's by far a much better place than the stark barracks style outfit they were at down the road; the feel now is more like how a plant farm should be, with plenty of corners and nooks to explore. Only thing it's rather far in.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Budak

Is Ah Pak still locate along that stretch of road as it used to be. Today I went there but cannot find them.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's the same road, but you have to go all the way down to the left bend, and go on until you get to a large farm (with an uphill entrance) on the right, just before a small slip road. something like half a km down from the old place. There's a picture of an ugly mermaid on the entrance gate and the name of the place is called Irwarna.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    So Ah Pek took over Ganges place as well?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for your direction budak, I think I should be able to make it to the place next time. I have a friend just started to get interested in planted tank. Probably will go with him there to check things out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ah pek's used to be along pasir ris farmway, now in lorong halus.

yah, very far to walk in and if you take a cab, be prepared to see a shocked look on the driver's face. "all the way in?"[:0]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I went to his shop yesterday for a quotation of CO2 system. He quoted me $130 full set. Is this price alright? Can I get cheaper set elsewhere? BTW, I have to on/off the CO2 regulator everyday myself.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    is this ganges place the plant farm in Irwana with the very fierce "this-not-for-sale, that-not-for-sale" char boh? (sorry, can't bring myself to call her "lady") []
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ong,
    Not sure wat is he providing for $130 so can't comment the price ok or not.
    However, I would suggest getting the solenoid version. This means you would be able to control using the timer to be switched on/off electrically. More expensive but strongly recommended.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ganges or the guy "Ah Soon" shifted to 35F liao, selling fishes.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/31/2002 11:47:25 PM
    is this ganges place the plant farm in Irwana with the very fierce "this-not-for-sale, that-not-for-sale" char boh? (sorry, can't bring myself to call her "lady&quot []
    ----------------
    hek hek, I bought from her many times in the past when she was in #10 FF2 but she is alright leh. But then again, I didn't go explore every inch of her farm farm and ask if everything is for sale... Maybe you just went at the wrong time (of the month)...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/1/2002 7:09:35 PM

hek hek, I bought from her many times in the past when she was in #10 FF2 but she is alright leh. But then again, I didn't go explore every inch of her farm farm and ask if everything is for sale... Maybe you just went at the wrong time (of the month)...
    ----------------
    kekeke, clearly you're simply better looking than I do []
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

Spotted the Tonina sp. at the new shop just in front of Ganges, unit 35D I think.
    They only have 3 stalks, but unfortunately not for sale.

The boss said he is attempting to propagate it before selling.

http://pages.ivillage.com/ectan/toninasp