Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which should i go with? A or B?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

2 22.22%
  • B

7 77.78%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me with my new 4ft tank!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help me with my new 4ft tank!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    HAHAHA I know what you mean!! I just started this hobby for like a month or less and I've visited fish farms twice, went to Clementi fish shops like 10 times and my house is at Bedok. I went LFS hopping with a friend LOL. Went to 6 fish shops in a day. Spent 2hrs talking to a guy at aquarist chambers and spent half an hour staring at planted tanks at green chapter

I don't think I'm gonna get chiller and co2 already cuz I'm not going for the heavily planted tank scape. I'm going for mainly driftwood and rocks hard scape with a few moss tied on it and some Java fern. My tank is a sump tank so it's better for fishes than for plants.

I was thinking maybe starting with a high tech tank won't be such a great idea. So maybe I'd just stick to putting bigger fishes since it's a 4ft sump tank and less focus on plants.

If one day I ever save enough money, I'm gonna get an ADA cabinet tank and chiller and proper canister filters for a perfect planted tank masterpiece HAHA

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You could also consider a hardscape-based aquascape tank... its focus more on the hardscape design (ie. wood and rocks) and a community of fishes, along with maybe a few hardy plants (if you like). Such setups can look nice, and are also easier to manage without having to constantly look after the planted aspect.

Here are examples of some beautiful yet simple hardscape-based aquascapes for inspiration from ADG website:

Source: http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/i...1&p=0&a=0&at=0
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup that's what I'm planning to do!!
    I really like angelfish, tetras and puffers... But idk if I can put puffers with my angel and tetras SIGH

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Your CO2 costs will be higher because of your filtration system. Do keep that in mind.
    "I grow old, I grow old. I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Kena already....kena poison...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Since you stay at bedok,visit superstar aquarium at Tampines they have good fishes...or Kohaku aquarium at Bedok their prices are reasonable.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I've went to both!! They don't seem to have a lot of varieties.. Just the typical lfs fishes you can find.
    I'm probably getting some baby angelfishes from a guy that posted an ad on the marketplace, some neon dwarf rainbowfish from Pasir Ris fish farm cuz that's the only place that I saw selling and tetras can be found anywhere and I want some albino corydoras and also SAEs!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, when you got the tank, check for any leakage. Old tanks are risky especially big tanks. You do not want to flood your living room.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HAHA right. I'll keep that in mind! I'm probably getting in this Friday evening! Yayyyyy so excited!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Ryan, great to see such excitement. I use to visit different LFS too regularly too.. Pasir Ris fish is good option to go if u buy large quantity of tetras. Is cheaper!! Try not to mix puffer with tetra, not safe for yr tetra.. Bro, welcome to the club!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I really like dwarf puffers cuz of their chubby body and tiny fins HAHA and I saw a few tanks at green chapter that had dwarf puffers with tetras! I guess with a big school of tetras and many hiding spots, it should be fine for them right..?
    And well a few tail nipping here and there makes it seem more like a real part of nature HAHA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Well, with yr 4ft guess is ok.. But personally I don't fancy having some tetra having torn fins.. No worries....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hmmm but I'm gonna put angel too so my angels are prolly gonna have some torn fins too HAHA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

According to my previous experience & some read out, it happen, & even kill some other fish.. Suggest u add puffer last after settled down yr tank.. May b add one at a time first.... Ha.... Hav fun!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

HAHA angels are so pretty and puffers are so cute.. Really tempted to get both! But I read somewhere that dwarf puffers may end up being food for angels.. Hopefully the baby Angels I'm buying gets bigger than the dwarf puffer quickly and the dwarf puffer will avoid the Angels!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You seem to like your daily dose of poison and I shall provide some for you

Do make a visit to those aquarium megamart like Seaview or Qianhu, they have all the aquatic equipment and exotic fauna under one roof at reasonable price. There is also a planted tank aquarist behind Seaview selling highend stuffs like ADA and acrylic LED light set.

They may be located far from you but you will like a kid in a candy store when you reached there which made the journey worthwhile

There are also many aquarist in Singapore which you can go round hunting. Do refer to the list of aquarist link below.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...al-Fish-Shops)

Happy travelling
    Last edited by DeadEnd; 7th Oct 2015 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Peh View Post
    I really like dwarf puffers cuz of their chubby body and tiny fins HAHA and I saw a few tanks at green chapter that had dwarf puffers with tetras! I guess with a big school of tetras and many hiding spots, it should be fine for them right..?
    And well a few tail nipping here and there makes it seem more like a real part of nature HAHA
    From my experience keeping dwarf puffers, i find that they actually have different individual personalities... i've kept them in community tanks before and while some will constantly chase and bite all the other fishes, some are peaceful and just potter along avoiding confrontations. It just depends on luck i guess.

So if you want to mix dwarf puffers in with other fishes, just have to try and see. But be prepared to quickly shift them out to another tank if they go ballistic and start to cause trouble.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for all the help guys!! I'm gonna start buying stuffs for my low tech hard scape 4ft masterpiece this Saturday!!

Can't wait to cycle the tank and get everything ready for the fishes!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone knows where sells cheap river rocks?? I'm looking for really huge pieces and I know c328 sells them at around $4/kg

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast