Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which should i go with? A or B?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

2 22.22%
  • B

7 77.78%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Help me with my new 4ft tank!!

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help me with my new 4ft tank!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I buy the ans brand. 1 kg is aproxx $6 from c328. Some say its too cheap to be good but i buy alot for my 5 ft monster fish tanks so its the cheaper option.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by markus92 View Post
    I buy the ans brand. 1 kg is aproxx $6 from c328. Some say its too cheap to be good but i buy alot for my 5 ft monster fish tanks so its the cheaper option.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk
    It would be good to get it from a cheaper bulk source if possible. My idea is to do a weekly change.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by happydanio123 View Post
    I'm not so sure if Seachem Prime really works..... I use it to decholorinate water for emergencies like emergency hospital however my neon tetra, after having been put in the water treated with Prime, tend to "float" and are unable to sink or control their movements in the water. Perhaps it could be because the Chemical is expired? Have been using it for some time? But I feel that no chemical beats the classical method of leaving the water overnight to evaporate the chlorine. Anyone has different opinions? This is just mine.:-)
    Seachem Prime definitely does work as i have done tests to measure the chlorine levels before and after its used... though there could be a possibility that expired solutions might not work as effectively, so have to check the expiry date.

Aging water does naturally allow chlorine to dissipate from the water, though the chloramine content is more stable and tends to say in it for a much longer time.

As for what you experienced when transferring fishes from your main tank into an emergency hospital tank with tap water newly treated with Seachem Prime, did you drip acclimate those fishes to the new tank environment? If not, the fishes reaction is most likely due to the drastic change in water conditions from your main tank to the new tank, this is especially so if the entire water volume of the hospital tank was filled directly with de-chlorinate tap water, the initial oxygen levels may be too low so that puts alot of extra stress on the fishes.

When setting up emergency hospital tanks and transferring fishes in quickly, its always best to use back the old tank water so that the water conditions are not drastically changed, then do a series of water changes to allow for slow acclimation. If you intend to fill the tank with only new dechlorinated tap water, then it should ideally be aerated with an air stone or just let it sit for a few hours so that it restores its oxygen content before usage.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 31st Oct 2015 at 13:51.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys!! I have a question regarding water changes...
    I connect a hose to my tap and extend it all the way to my tank!
    So I only add water conditioner into my tank while the water is flowing into the tank.
    Does everyone do that?
    Or do they actually pour water into a bucket, mix with anti chlorine first, then pour into the tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help me with my new 4ft tank!!

I used to do the bucket way but it got too tiring and messy after a while so I bought an anti-chlorine filtration system.

You can still use your current method, just remember the amount of water conditioner you have to add is to the whole tank volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xKimi; 7th Nov 2015 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Whole tank volume??? It's not just the amount of tap water I added in??? Holy shit is that why the beneficial bacterias aren't growing enough LOL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yikes.. Just remember to add more from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Alright thank you so much!! I'm doing another water change tomorrow!
    I'm also adding frogbits into my tank to help remove nitrates so I can do water changes just biweekly

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213