Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Algaexit for Algae problems including BGA and SNAILS !!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Algaexit for Algae problems including BGA and SNAILS !!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys,

Recently my 3 ft planted tank (180L) was hit badly by BGA and some thread algae, it was a nightmare for me as my tank was only 3 months old. Read upon lots of post on how to get rid of them effectively without endangering my faunas (shrimps included) and WAH LA I found my answer. Algaexit !!! This little black bottle of wonder works like a charm, but before you pour into your tank, please please please take out your cute little nerites or whatever pet snails you have inside. This chemical will wipe them out within hours (Forgotten to take out my zebra nerites in hiding and wham dropped dead the next hour... IMO good for getting rid of pond snails if your tank is infested with them)

*Do a 50% water change before pouring it in and do wear a glove when handling it.

Effects of Algaexit can be seen within the first 3 hrs upon the recommended dosage as indicated on the bottle (I poured slightly more than the recommended dosage of extra 5ml) The BGA turns whitish after a few hrs. It's an awesome product and really really safe to use. My water no longer smell foul. Do on your air pump during the treatment period though. I did a 3 days blackout together with the chemical as well to really wipe them out (Didn't really cover the tank just don't on your lights). And yes no ferts for the first 3 days.

Will continue to update this post as this is only the 4th day of my treatment for the BGA. Can see that my plants are pretty happy at the moment. So far most of the BGA (90%)on my plants had dislodged from them and becoming flaky. Will need to do a water change maybe the next 2 days and manually scrap them off and pump in some nitrogen after that.

Cheers !!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Algaexit for Algae problems including BGA and SNAILS !!!

Algexit is not meant for BGA, Bluexit is. How does your BGA look like?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dude Alegexit can be used for BGA as well. Slimey green (cyanobacteria) on plants and yes they smell, normal algae don't give your tank a foul smell like sewer water. Why would I even lie. Nitrogen deficiency caused it to bloom in my tank. I tested it and it works as well.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have a 3 feet tank with BGA issues and dosing Algaexit doesn't work. Spot treatment with hydrogen peroxide does. Perhaps pictures will help?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by aza View Post
    I have a 3 feet tank with BGA issues and dosing Algaexit doesn't work. Spot treatment with hydrogen peroxide does. Perhaps pictures will help?
    Ok just to ask. How much did you dose? Did you do a 50% water change before dosing? I dose 25ml initially and the next day another 5 ml then on the 3rd day i changed my water 50% and again another 20ml. Try this method. Did you add in nitrogen as well? I'll post a pic when I get home on the dead BGA on my Xmas moss and riccia. There's still some remnants left on my riccia. Will update again. And one important thing, did you stop your Co2 and fert dosing?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Algaexit for Algae problems including BGA and SNAILS !!!

In my opinion, we shouldn't stop co2 and fert during the treatment, it's just make the plant dying and leak the organic waste.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Mameshrimps View Post
    Dude Alegexit can be used for BGA as well. Slimey green (cyanobacteria) on plants and yes they smell, normal algae don't give your tank a foul smell like sewer water. Why would I even lie. Nitrogen deficiency caused it to bloom in my tank. I tested it and it works as well.
    That's not what I meant, I was just sharing it wasn't meant for BGA, they have a product that's specially for BGA, which is Bluexit. Most who battle BGA don't find it quite effective, I too tried Alegexit and double dose with little to no effect. Never tried Bluexit though. At least now we have a positive case with Algexit