Country
    Singapore

Re: Help ID these fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith DreamWalker View Post
    True. Fissidens are lovely in a planted aquaria- mayhaps one day I'll save some cash to get some. Is it cheaper to get in LFS or from a hobbyist?

That sounds intimidating. ×-× I know that C328 has some occasionally, so maybe you can pop by there if you want to have another go at the Mini Bolbitis? I guess I won't be touching such expensive plants...for now. Have you had any experience with Narrow Leaf Java Ferns? They look like a good addition to a low tech mossy tank, but their pricing is high and caresheet is nil.

Thanks for all the help again! Really appreciate it!
    For all java fern the care is the same. All low tech requirements.
    Dont need any co2 or strong light.
    as same as having moss and nanas
    Cheers,
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif"Ben"http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...c/progress.gif
    Life is all about patience & perseverance,
    Failure is just another new beginning

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Griffith DreamWalker View Post
    True. Fissidens are lovely in a planted aquaria- mayhaps one day I'll save some cash to get some. Is it cheaper to get in LFS or from a hobbyist?

That sounds intimidating. ×-× I know that C328 has some occasionally, so maybe you can pop by there if you want to have another go at the Mini Bolbitis? I guess I won't be touching such expensive plants...for now. Have you had any experience with Narrow Leaf Java Ferns? They look like a good addition to a low tech mossy tank, but their pricing is high and caresheet is nil.

Thanks for all the help again! Really appreciate it!
    Its usually more cost effective to get fissidens from hobbyists... you can get a lot more for the same pricing. Check with jamesneo at the merchant marketplace section, he usually has mini fissidens in loose form for sale.

Yeah, i might try keeping mini bolbitis again if the opportunity arises, hopefully can have better success with it.

I've kept narrow leaf java ferns before and it has similar care requirements as normal java ferns, quite easy to grow and relatively low demand too.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Its usually more cost effective to get fissidens from hobbyists... you can get a lot more for the same pricing. Check with jamesneo at the merchant marketplace section, he usually has mini fissidens in loose form for sale.

Yeah, i might try keeping mini bolbitis again if the opportunity arises, hopefully can have better success with it.

I've kept narrow leaf java ferns before and it has similar care requirements as normal java ferns, quite easy to grow and relatively low demand too.
    Cool, thanks for the tip.

Good luck with it. I hope you can post your progress on your website once you're successful.

Ok, that's pretty easy to care for then. Thanks for your patience and all the help you've given.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12