Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help! How do I spawn Neon Tetras?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help! How do I spawn Neon Tetras?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone! I recently spotted a Neon Tetra which looked "pregnant" with eggs in my 180 litre aquarium. The Neon Tetra is most probably a female because it doesn't have one straight stripe but instead has a crooked stripe. At first, I thought the fish had caught dropsy but then I couldn't see any scales being lifted. I have not been overfeeding my fishes lately and therefore I concluded that my Neon Tetra was "pregnant" with eggs. However I still am a little unsure whether or not this fish is really "pregnant". Any adviced would be greatly appreciated! (Please see photograph attached)

Also, even if this Neon Tetra is "pregnant", I'm not sure what I have to do to allow her to spawn. Since I only knew about this today, I am definitely unabe to set up and cycle a quarantine tank until next week. Will the Neon Tetra lay her eggs by then? Furthermore, how do I trigger the female to lay her eggs? For Yamato Shrimps, seperating them from the rest of the aquatic community will trigger the females to promtly release their eggs however I am unsure whether doing this to my female Neon Tetra will yield the same result.

Finnaly if the eggs do hatch, what do I feed the Fry? Online websites suggest insomia but are there any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance for any help rendered!

Picture: https://flic.kr/p/CCjute
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help! How do I spawn Neon Tetras?

I will suggest you just leave the neon tetra in the main tank and observe sometimes they are bloated not with eggs. .

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help! How do I spawn Neon Tetras?

Ok. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~