Country
    Singapore

Re: Is it Nertina Natalensis Snail?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Frankly speaking.. AC snail is super expensive. Their price is like $6 per pc. I saw in C328 or Y618, they are selling tiger and zebra is 0.70 per pc.
    I not trying to compare.. but maybe it is me.. i wont spend $6 per snail.
    Yeah, the common tiger and zebra ones are much cheaper.

$6 is their pricing for those unique colorful ones... i guess thats the price to pay if you want the more colorful patterns.

This was their facebook post for reference: https://www.facebook.com/AquaristCha...67928983367945
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, they are selling now too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Have any encountered the sesame seeds eggs on driftwoods, any easy way to clean them? Other than use some sharp object to scrape them off.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by antjoey1122 View Post
    Have any encountered the sesame seeds eggs on driftwoods, any easy way to clean them? Other than use some sharp object to scrape them off.
    No choice, just have to scrape off the annoying white eggs with a sharp tool.

Last time before i practiced identifying and separating the male and female nerite snails, i also had rocks and wood in my tanks all covered in those pesky white eggs, spent alot of time scraping and scrubbing them away with metal pincettes and wire brush.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi UA,

Can share how to identify male and female? I think I have to separate the happy couple, which had been carousing and making babies in my tank. Going to keep females in 1 tank and male in 1 tank.
    Can share for Zebra and Horn?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by antjoey1122 View Post
    Hi UA,

Can share how to identify male and female? I think I have to separate the happy couple, which had been carousing and making babies in my tank. Going to keep females in 1 tank and male in 1 tank.
    Can share for Zebra and Horn?
    I posted my identification process for the nerite snails in another thread a while back: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...the-plant-leaf

But will just re-post it here for easier reference:

"In my case, what i do is buy a batch of horned nerite snails (usually 10-12 at a time), and put them in a spare quarantine/holding tank with lots of algae on the glass so that they can graze.

Then i observe 3 points to ID their gender:

- Which ones keep climbing on other snails all the time (possible male on top).

- Which ones are seen producing a white stringy goo when on top of another snail (confirm male).

- Which ones are seen actually laying eggs (confirmed female).

I'll then use a fine tipped permanent marker to label the shells on the males and females (black dot for males, black stripe for females). The males i transfer to my display tank, the females i transfer to grow-out and outdoor tanks.

It can take a few days (sometimes longer) to ID the males and females... some will be ambiguous too (those i leave in the holding tank for further observation or just label them as female by default). So its just a matter of observation and time."
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    I posted my identification process for the nerite snails in another thread a while back: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...the-plant-leaf

But will just re-post it here for easier reference:

"In my case, what i do is buy a batch of horned nerite snails (usually 10-12 at a time), and put them in a spare quarantine/holding tank with lots of algae on the glass so that they can graze.

Then i observe 3 points to ID their gender:

- Which ones keep climbing on other snails all the time (possible male on top).

- Which ones are seen producing a white stringy goo when on top of another snail (confirm male).

- Which ones are seen actually laying eggs (confirmed female).

I'll then use a fine tipped permanent marker to label the shells on the males and females (black dot for males, black stripe for females). The males i transfer to my display tank, the females i transfer to grow-out and outdoor tanks.

It can take a few days (sometimes longer) to ID the males and females... some will be ambiguous too (those i leave in the holding tank for further observation or just label them as female by default). So its just a matter of observation and time."
    Thank You UA for detail on separating them. I will go round them up. Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12