Thread: AR mini deficiency?

Feedback Score
    Images

AR mini deficiency?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, I have this AR mini in my tank but not doing well. The leave is not as red, and it's like curling. I have 2x 30watt LED flood light for my 2ft tank, thought that it's enough light. I'm dosing Lushgro aqua + micro + kh2so4. Not dosing iron though...what do you think can improve the condition? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: AR mini deficiency?

i guess iron would be a good idea to start adding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup. Your Alternanthera reineckii 'mini' looks very very green. Time to dose some iron and as for the curling it's due to lack of potassium as well increase your dosage to 25ppm.
    Learning new things everyday !!!

Feedback Score
    Images

Yup, I think definitely should start dosing iron. AR require higher iron than others, right?
    My other plants are actually doing quite OK, so thought that the Lushgro series should have enough potassium. I have a bunch of hm, rotala, hair grass previously, which are high growth rate. Probably they soak up too much nutrition so slow grower like AR suffer deficiency.

I just rescaped and remove a lot of those, will slowly increase the dosage and monitor. If still not improving, have to dose potassium separately.

Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    Images

Hi Mameshrimp, you are right. My K is too low, i was dosing slightly higher than the instruction on Lushgro label (PMDD), 10ml Lushgro Aqua twice a week. It was only about 8.5ppm. I just found a excel file to calculate the PPM using Lushgro series. What is your recommendation on the target ppm for NO3, P and Fe?

If i triple the dosage, i will get roughly 25ppm K, 15ppm NO3.

Feedback Score
    Country
    India

I used Seachem's substrate tablets. I think they did the plants a world of good. I say "I think" because with so many other factors involved one is never too sure as to what went right and what went wrong.