Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: First high tech planted tank corner

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quite surprised that your sand bed tank did not cloud...
    my guess will be your moss on the branch is collecting dirt.. and when you top up water, the dirt started flying around.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Peh View Post
    Hey guys.. So I've noticed this issue for a few days now. Whenever I top up water for the both tanks, one of the tank always turn cloudy...

Nothing major seems to be affected but it's pretty worrying seeing the tank like this... Any idea why?
    Where did you buy your acrylic light stand? I'm looking for something like this for a long time

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by nitehawk80 View Post
    Where did you buy your acrylic light stand? I'm looking for something like this for a long time
    Bought it from East Ocean Aquatics! At Tiong Bahru

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by nitehawk80 View Post
    East Ocean has this type of stand.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Ryan & aquaticlover! This is one LFS that I missed!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You can find them in seaview also

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ryan,

noticed that you are selling one of the tank, planning for an upgrade soon?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Ryan,

noticed that you are selling one of the tank, planning for an upgrade soon?
    Nah not upgrading HAHA I'm just putting it out there to see if I get a good price from a serious buyer. If not I'll keep it!
    Cuz I'm enlisting on the 5th of October and I'll have to depend on my younger brother to take care of them for me! Which can be a little troublesome for him since he knows nothing about fish keeping... So if really someone wants to buy at a good price then i don't mind selling!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The forest tank has been doing really well and i just noticed another berried shrimp!!

Will be trimming my Rotala Green soon and wondering if anyone wants them!

Also the plants in my sandy tank hasn't been creeping much and I'm not sure why... But here's a look at most of my fauna in one pic!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

May i know your water parameters? I am trying to do a fish and shrimp community tank in my 3ft planted tank... and hoping the shrimps can berry and keep a healthy population

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ryangiggs View Post
    May i know your water parameters? I am trying to do a fish and shrimp community tank in my 3ft planted tank... and hoping the shrimps can berry and keep a healthy population
    Actually it's quite easy if you're using the Neocaridinia species! Cherry shrimps, fire reds, Bloody Mary and so on are really strong shrimps that survive well.

My nitrate is about 10-15ppm throughout the week. I haven't actually tested what it is at the end of the week.
    Ph is 6.5 when CO2 is off, no idea when CO2 is on.
    I do not have a KH test kit and my CO2 checker is always lime green.
    Water temperature should be around 27-28 degrees since I'm using quite a strong cooling fan.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Great looking tank now, Ryan! I have never seen my Fire Red Shrimps berried. And also no spot of its fry, too. May be I am not that good at raising up shrimps, except my naughty Amano Shrimp. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bad news guys... The surface skimmer I bought (Azoo brand) has been killing my fishes... Killed 3 of my cardinal tetras and 2 Pygmy cories

The fishes keeps swimming into it for some reason and some gets trapped inside for too long when I'm not at home or simply did not notice...
    I tried putting sponge at the opening of the surface skimmer but it ends up slowing down the flow rate too much until no water flows into it fast enough... Will try to find sponge that isn't too fine to stuff at the opening

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys, it's been a fun few months keeping these fish tanks and I've really enjoyed the process and have seen the results of my efforts. Thank you all for being here and always giving me a hand when I'm at a lost. I'm also really glad I've met so many helpful and friendly people through this website.

Sadly... I'm enlisting on the 5th of October like every other men in Singapore have to.

Previously I wanted to try to have my mom and my brother take care of the tank for me during the weekdays while I just do the water change when I'm back on the weekends. But I'm starting to realise the daily ferts dosing, topping up the evaporated water due to the cooling fan and feeding the fish could be too much of a trouble to burden my family members.

So I'm deciding to either sell 1 or both of the tanks. If I sell 1, I may downgrade it to a low tech tank for my fire red shrimps to continue breeding. I am also starting to pick up an interest in bigger tanks with predator fishes. So when I ORD from NS, I may consider to get a 5x2x1.5(height) tank for some predatory fishes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wow!! Becoming a man soon!

Sad to know thatafter taking all the hardwork to setup the tank you are going to decom it...
    If you have plans to change to a bigger tank in future, I will advice you to clear everything, and when you ORD, get your new tank. Since your equipment are all so new. If you keep for too long, your stuff might not fetch a good price.

Actually it is still doable to keep both tanks, just have 2 chillers and your family won't need to top up the tank for you so often already, then keep lesser fish or keep algae/plant eating fish and shrimps, then week can feed 1 or 2 times...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Ya Ryan. I think you can teach your brother on this hobby, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Wow!! Becoming a man soon!

Sad to know thatafter taking all the hardwork to setup the tank you are going to decom it...
    If you have plans to change to a bigger tank in future, I will advice you to clear everything, and when you ORD, get your new tank. Since your equipment are all so new. If you keep for too long, your stuff might not fetch a good price.

Actually it is still doable to keep both tanks, just have 2 chillers and your family won't need to top up the tank for you so often already, then keep lesser fish or keep algae/plant eating fish and shrimps, then week can feed 1 or 2 times...
    Yeah at first I was thinking of making my tank low maintenance by lowering the stocking so I can change water once every two weeks or so. But the fertilising part is the troublesome one...

Very sad to decom also... Trying to see if anyone wanna buy it as a set instead HAHA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, right now im almost done preparing with most of my equipment and tools needed to start up a high tech planted tank. The only thing im left with is the driftwood and plants. My question now is what is the routine for a newly set up high tech planted tank from DAY 1 till the plants reach to a mature stage.? btw the fertilizers that im using are ADA Brighty Step 1,2,3 but for now 'll be using ADA step 1 as this is my early stage and the C02 im using is a 3L tank with a soleniod regulator. As for plants that im plannng to plant are Monte Carlo as my foreground, Microsum Trident as my midground that will be attached to my driftwood and lastly Ludwigia Arcuata as my background plants. And for the soil i'll be using ADA Amazonia Soil.

Tank Size: 90cm x 45cm x 45cm (IOS) tank
    Substrate: ADA Aqua Soil New Amazonia (Powder Type)

Filter System: Eheim 2217 external canister filter + 13mm ANS glass lily pipe intake / ANS glass lily pipe output

Filter Media: Bio Ring & ceramic media

Temperature: 27-29°C (Day) / 27-28°C (Night)

Lighting: Chihiros Aqauatic Studio LED Light (90cm)
    Light Duration: hours (10am-6pm)

Pressurized Co2: Dymax CO2 System /2 bps / ppm
    Co2 Duration: 8 hours (10am-5pm)
    Fertilizer: ADA Brighty Step 1,2,3
    Fan/Chiller: Not yet due to budget

Correct me if im wrong but this how my routine goes like :

Day 1
    1. Use ADA Step 1 with Brighty K
    2. Dose 9 Push of ADA step 1 into the tank
    3. Open Lights & CO2 for 8-9 Hours
    4. Let the tank cycle

Day 2
    1. WC 50%
    2. Dose 9 push of step1 into the tank
    3. Turn on Lights & C02 for 8-9 hours’
    4. Remove any dead plants
    5. Monitor Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite levels using API Master Kit

Day 3 (repeat Day 2 routine until the tank has been fully cycle)
    Last edited by Zan Repsol; 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ada fertilizer scheme relatively lean ingredients compare to other method. Don't worry if you drop them according to the recommendation since day 1.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

So I just came back from a 8-days trip to Taiwan and I've asked my younger brother to help me take care of the tanks while I was away.
    I taught him what fertilisers to add and when to add. He also helped me with feeding the fishes, but apparently, my father had been feeding them too...

So I just got back to Singapore and now I'm looking at a tank with food pallets decomposed with fungus growing all over.... It's really disgusting... I will be decommissioning the tanks soon and if anyone wants the fishes, please do let me know ASAP before I post it on the marketplace to sell them off.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314