Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

which HOB filter is good for a 2ft tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i'm currently using Fluval C2 and would like to upgrade to a bigger one. which would you guys recommend? i'm currently looking at Fluval C4 and Aquaclear 70

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: which HOB filter is good for a 2ft tank

Hi there Victor! It depends what type of filtration you need. Some filters come with relatively small and narrow chambers but have many of those and these types are for putting in filter sponges for mechanical filtration. Whereas there are those types that have one big chunky chamber and that's for putting ceramic rings and bioballs so that's for biological filtration. Personally, there isn't very big HOB models out there so I recommend you purchase another filter as an add-on instead of throwing your old filter out. You may want to try brands like Dophin or Boyu because I've seen Dophin make pretty big filters (I think it's Dophin 1200 or higher) and I've also seen Boyu do the same although I stil find Dophin bigger on average. You may also want to try the famous "Emporer" HOB that has a rotating wheel for biological filtration and there is also this Fluval model with the similiar design. It all boils down to preference I guess......
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~