Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: diagnosis dicus doctors....

diagnosis dicus doctors....

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ok people, the pictures have come. Sorry if they are not that sharp. Take a while to get used to my friend's camera. Canon PowerShot G1.

The male

The female

what to do? In my mind now, end the misery of the male, hang on for the female. She sick? Responsive leh, some more can come to camera some more.

Time to decide...

David: was worried last night you'd think I was offended [] no problem lah... haha...
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmmm david i think might have chance.. not as bad as it seems..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry i might had missed out

how big is your tank size (for the pair originally?)

If the tank if not too big, actually what i will do is to leave the sick male inside.At this time, moving the fish and putting it in a totally alien environment may put undue stress on your fish. Besides, i dont think what your male has will infect the female if she is in ok health herself, and also other conditions like water and medication are in check.

I noticed some fin tip corrosion and slight fungus growth at the tip of the anal fin...
    I recommend you try Ocean Free series. Use both of : Anti-Bacteria (code is T1) together with Anti-fungus (code is T2)

i found that they are accepted quite well even with more sensitive fish.

Is there erosion at the gill cover too? cannot see clearly. Had you used any salt?

the pair was in my planted tank orginally, so lots of space to move about. They were the only two fishes in the tank anyway.

Male looks worse than picture actually, sometimes it's black. No knifehead, quite ok, but fin erosion yup. Gill erosion, I do not think so. I think I could set up a hospital tank for it. I only got interpet no.9 for the moment. See what I can do. soak him in those solutions for how long?

The female, anyone got a take on her?
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Intrepet 9 is not enough..

you will need to make a trip to your LFS soon.

if you had shifted, just leave it that way don't move it anymore.

are those solutions you said referring to the ocean free products i told you?
    you can follow thru the treatement as instructed and see how it goes...the medications works for me under such circumstances...

the best you can do now is to minimise stress for your separated male...
    try to minimise light-on time, keep temp at 28 and not too high too. you can add some salt...abt 1x5ml teaspoon per 30-40 litres is ok.
    do small frequent water changes if you can afford to. no more than 15% each time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi spilo

I will agree with lsz course of treatment..perhaps salt the tank at 1tbsp to 5 gallons of water first

as LeAnn has suggested, the coloration of the discus looks pretty encourging + the fact that the forehead is not narrowed .....fins are erect just that there is quite a serious fin errosion which may be due external bacterial attackes......the worse situation is Columnaris due to the white lesion on the anal fin........if it is Columnaris...you will need an anti-bacterial med.

like what lsz has asked is there rapid gill movements and/or mucus trails coming out of the gill area? Moving to a hospital tank may not be the best course of action as external bacterial attacks are usually non-host specific.....treat the whole tank if possible.........
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

well, female took a turn for the worse. Was reading through the colmunaris article in discus page holland and wondering for a while if david's diagnosis was correct. Then came home and saw the female displaying every single sign of columnaris. Added in salt to both tanks to curb the spread. Whats worse is that my other discus were in with them too.

note the white stringy poop she has.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm very bad shape the female even if she's cured she won't have much of her colours...

----------------
    On 4/8/2002 10:38:19 AM

well, female took a turn for the worse. Was reading through the colmunaris article in discus page holland and wondering for a while if david's diagnosis was correct. Then came home and saw the female displaying every single sign of columnaris. Added in salt to both tanks to curb the spread. Whats worse is that my other discus were in with them too.

note the white stringy poop she has.
    ----------------

changed water this morning, about 75%, they took a turn for the worse, been that since yesterday.. quite rapid this disease... maybe it's time to call for funeral band and start saying ashes to ashes... dust to dust.. Will hang on to them as long as I can and as long as they sustain.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    since u change water wait lor.. btw.. u should have change water everyday... 10~20% not one shot 75%.. u can make thinks worse that way

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi spilo

you discus turning dark is may be due to excessive water change which i fully agree with LeAnn......what is your tank dosage at the moment? are they in a hospital and/or a baretank?...increase you salt dosage to a ratio of 2tbsp to 5 gallons of water

are they feeding?
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Well, they were that BEFORE the water change. Nope, not a bare tank, in fact it is a newly set up planted tank. But increase salkt is no problem. See how lah, they eating, but I am worried, i am seeing a knifehead emerge.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Male has just died.. hope the female survives the onslaught.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry to hear abt that

but it is something we have to accept at one time or another no matter how long we had been keeping fish