Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Another newbie with 2ft planted intentions

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    @realcaster depth of tank is 40 cm. Probably 35cm after substrate and void at top. Have not seen if my HC pearl during photo period cause I'm not home during that 6 hrs. Com just increase to 4bps today it was 2bps previously.

@Urban Aquaria hopefully it's my fat fingers and unhealthy blasts of grass that's the cause. I'm dosing ferts as per recommendation on package. And light at 6 hrs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Ludwigia glandulosa / Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' / Rotala wallichii / Cyperus Rotundus / Rotala Sp. Sunset / Rotala Sp. Green

Cardinal Tetra / Rummynose Sp. Platinium / L183 Stralight Bristlenose Pelco / Nirate Snail / Yamato Shrimps

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

exo, why don't you adjust your timer to the time that you are at home? for mine, my lights are on from 6pm to 12 midnight.. for that I can see my tank as and when I am at home and no need to switch on the room light..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    exo, why don't you adjust your timer to the time that you are at home? for mine, my lights are on from 6pm to 12 midnight.. for that I can see my tank as and when I am at home and no need to switch on the room light..
    Because I want to use the ambient light to simulate sunrise and sunset. led will simulate the brightest parts of day from 1030 - 1630(will extend hours in time to come) usually when I'm home I'll on the tank lights at lowest possible setting(dimmable) if needed. Now tank still cycling plants still growing nothing much to see also. Ill switch the timing to something like yours at a later stage

Ludwigia glandulosa / Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' / Rotala wallichii / Cyperus Rotundus / Rotala Sp. Sunset / Rotala Sp. Green

Cardinal Tetra / Rummynose Sp. Platinium / L183 Stralight Bristlenose Pelco / Nirate Snail / Yamato Shrimps

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hairgrass in my tank are turning yellow and it seems to be getting worst. Most of them are loosing the green and turning yellow. Cuba on the other hand seems to be fine
    I noticed green algae forming on my rocks too.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Hi exo,

I saw your tank has only MC and hairgrass (Eleocharis sp mini?). According to Tropica advice, at the beginning period, it would be better if you plant some fast growing plants so that excessive nutrient can be absorb by them. MC and Hairgrass are foreground plants that might grow slowly and cannot use all the nutrient provided at the beginning and algae might use them instead.

Did you get hairgrass from Tropica too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah its Eleocharis so mini from tropics. The HC Cuba are those normal ones commonly seen in LFS sold in transparent packing. Like what you said I think I might have fertilizer overdose, so I did a 50% water change yesterday night and dose excel only. Hopefully the plants can make it

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

On a side note the cuba are creeping roots already. Noticed the the roots had held on to the patch of substrate that it is on. Some other roots seem to be floating and feeding from water column

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Finally I see some glimmer of hope. HC Cuba r pearling!uploadfromtaptalk1459421694051.jpg
    But the HGs seem to be deteriorating further... It doesn't stand up anymore..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Congrates, things are looking good

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Hi exo, great to see the plants pearling!

You might want to buy another tub of hairgrass and try to plant again.

Last time I just split the hairgrass by hands and use the tweezers to plant it in the soil. Just be gentle with the roots, I believe it would be fine.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I've been observing for the last 2 days. Hairgrass seems to be spawning new runners. Think they should be fine for now. How ever I'll probably be considering getting new HC Cuba from tropica.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Can someone confirm my Co2 is running out soon? I noticed it's less then 5 bar now. If so how much longer do I have? Running at 8bps currently

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

For 2 gauge regulators, once the left gauge (which shows total pressure) starts to gradully drop below 900 PSI, the remaining Co2 will be in gas form (not liquid form anymore) so usually left only around 10-20% volume.

How much longer it can last will also depend on your Co2 cylinder volume and the number of hours you inject the Co2... since your 8bps injection rate is high, it would probably empty quite soon, so its a good idea to arrange to get the cylinder refilled within the next few days or week.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks UA, if I'm not wrong you reside in the West. How do you have yours refilled? 1 to 1 with lfs or immd top ups? Coz I live in jurong and I'm considering bioplast at bendemeer or chemgas at tuas. I dun wanna do 1 to 1 with lfs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by exo View Post
    Thanks UA, if I'm not wrong you reside in the West. How do you have yours refilled? 1 to 1 with lfs or immd top ups? Coz I live in jurong and I'm considering bioplast at bendemeer or chemgas at tuas. I dun wanna do 1 to 1 with lfs.
    Yeah, i get my Co2 cylinders refilled at Bioplast. I prefer on-the-spot refills rather than exchange too... not keen on swapping my clean cylinders with old scratched up cylinders.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Yeah, i get my Co2 cylinders refilled at Bioplast. I prefer on-the-spot refills rather than exchange too... not keen on swapping my clean cylinders with old scratched up cylinders.
    Right on! That's my concern too... Call is OCD... But no way I'll take other tank then my own. So bioplast still does it...was worried that something might have changed as info I could find was dated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

All my tanks are refilled at bioplast too. The uncle is nice, he also check for leaks. If you are worried, you can bring your regulator there too, he can help to check and make sure there are no leaks too

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Glad to hear many supporters of bioplast here.... Now I know where to go for sure

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up for Bioplast!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast