Advertise here
    OMG!! Look what I found

Attachment 52576

Probably the the last one in Singapore.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: "Passionately Curious"

@realcaster sorry to bust your bubble, but that is a media reactor, not CO2 reactor. It's lacking the rotating blades to chop the CO2 into fine bubbles. It may work though, do feedback! I'm interested to know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Choo View Post
    @realcaster sorry to bust your bubble, but that is a media reactor, not CO2 reactor. It's lacking the rotating blades to chop the CO2 into fine bubbles. It may work though, do feedback! I'm interested to know.
    Yes, it's an media reactor so to speak, it is actually a newer version of the sera 1000 Co2 reactor that sera discontinued.

my plan would try it out first if the bubble is not fine enough, I will add in the smaller 1cm size bio ball. Which will very much similar to aqua medic co2 design.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Or maybe I should exchange it for aqua soil

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

I have done a water test and it can be seen Ammonia level is still very high (4ppm) whereas, Nitrite and Nitrate has reduced a bit to 0.25ppm and 5ppm, respectively.

pH is quite constant so far around 6.4. I don't know if this pH level is acceptable for fish later on and how to make it a bit higher around 7?

Water change is quite yellowish and I use it to water my plants outside. Hope the plants can get some nutrients from there. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Jacky the pH is fine since you're using aquasoil. It will rise slightly as the tank matures from my experience.

You may notice a pH drop by as much as 1 degree or more after injecting CO2. Unless pH is at the extreme ends, most fishes and plants will have no issues with the pH swing from CO2. Some snails may not like low pH but I won't worry about it.

Some people add stones that buffers the pH higher but I won't recommend it for now. Focus on good plant grow and all will fall into place.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Realcaster View Post
    Yes, it's an media reactor so to speak, it is actually a newer version of the sera 1000 Co2 reactor that sera discontinued.

my plan would try it out first if the bubble is not fine enough, I will add in the smaller 1cm size bio ball. Which will very much similar to aqua medic co2 design.
    ok guys, it works, I was pumping 1200L/hr with CO2 at 6bps per second, the spiraling vortex was huge and fast and at the end of the outlet going into the tank, there was no mist or bubble at all. No bio balls was added by the way.

http://youtu.be/oxinlo2vlLA
    Last edited by Realcaster; 19th Mar 2016 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Realcaster View Post
    ok guys, it works, I was pumping 1200L/hr with CO2 at 6bps per second, the spiraling vortex was huge and fast and at the end of the outlet going into the tank, there was no mist or bubble at all. No bio balls was added by the way.

http://youtu.be/oxinlo2vlLA
    Good experiment!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

I have noticed a thin layer of oily film has been formed in my tank. Do you all have any method to clear it out? It looks very unsightly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You can get a surface skimmer. @UA did an excellent review:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ree-Surf-Clear

Personally I avoid putting equipments inside the tank to avoid clutter, especially so for smaller tanks. I'm using a lily pipe, coupled with good flow rate, the outflow creates very good surface agitation and breaks the surface film. Surface agitation is important for gas exchange too, increases the O2 level in the tank. You may lose some CO2 but it's easy to just inject more.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Choo View Post
    You can get a surface skimmer. @UA did an excellent review:

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ree-Surf-Clear

Personally I avoid putting equipments inside the tank to avoid clutter, especially so for smaller tanks. I'm using a lily pipe, coupled with good flow rate, the outflow creates very good surface agitation and breaks the surface film. Surface agitation is important for gas exchange too, increases the O2 level in the tank. You may lose some CO2 but it's easy to just inject more.
    Thanks Ivan. I have thought of using a skimmer, too. However, on the other hand, I would also try to minimize the equipment inside the tank.

I will try to use agitation as you said to see if the oily film can be reduced. May be I will put the outflow pipe closer to the surface in the night time, when light is off. So that more oxygen can be provided to the tank during that time and oily film will be less.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have one skimmer use for 3 tank, usually I will just pop the skimmer in for 2 hours and remove it. For my 2 feet tank, 2 hrs per week is more than enough, you don't have to have it running 24/7. I bought 2 skimmer but end up using one

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

After reading the OF Skimmer and see this video, I have decided to get one next week.

http://youtu.be/Hy_yxrYR8Vw

Ya, Realcaster. I think I will be using it only when needed and will not put there 24/7.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Hi All,

I have tried agitation method this afternoon after CO2 and light were off. Interestingly, the oil film was clear after about an hour. So I do think it is really affective. I have recorded a video for reference.

http://youtu.be/pMI6Ekg60lk

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is that gush Lily pipe?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Ludwigia glandulosa / Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' / Rotala wallichii / Cyperus Rotundus / Rotala Sp. Sunset / Rotala Sp. Green

Cardinal Tetra / Rummynose Sp. Platinium / L183 Stralight Bristlenose Pelco / Nirate Snail / Yamato Shrimps

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by exo View Post
    Is that gush Lily pipe?

Hi exo,

No, it is not. That is VIV outflow pipe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ah sweet wats the damage for that glass? From GC?

Ludwigia glandulosa / Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' / Rotala wallichii / Cyperus Rotundus / Rotala Sp. Sunset / Rotala Sp. Green

Cardinal Tetra / Rummynose Sp. Platinium / L183 Stralight Bristlenose Pelco / Nirate Snail / Yamato Shrimps

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Ah sweet wats the damage for that glass? From GC?

No bro. I ordered it from eBay with very reasonable price. You can follow this link to order both inflow and outflow pipes.

https://www.ebay.com.sg/ulk/itm/221855860183

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh nvm... Dun think I wanna order and wait.my cabinet should be ready in the coming week(also from CR). I've got almost everything ready minus a few bits like glass ware, lights and tank mat. I'll probably go with gush or doaqua for the outflow. Thinking of using a rigid transparent tube for the inflow

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Oh nvm... Dun think I wanna order and wait.my cabinet should be ready in the coming week(also from CR). I've got almost everything ready minus a few bits like glass ware, lights and tank mat. I'll probably go with gush or doaqua for the outflow. Thinking of using a rigid transparent tube for the inflow

Ya. That would be better and faster. Hehe. My inflow now is temporary and I am waiting for the glass inflow pipe to come, too. It would look nicer.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast