4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Newt/Frog comm

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This tank is made for easy maintenance and functionality to comm my White's Tree Frog and Paddletail newt. I have kept them more than 2 years already.
    My frog has been living in this tank but bare so I decided to do a scape for them to make space for a planted tank. I reused my old wood that have bigger area and thicker branches for my frog to hold on and rest. I have stacked the lava rocks to make "cave" with a crevice in the middle where the small pump pumps the water outwards.I assumed my newt hides inside.

Exo terra 45cm cube
    Light: 2ft Z led (I doubt it is effective but I try) placed diagonally
    Rocks: Jalan Rock Supplier. Normal Red and black lava rocks. about 15kilograms
    Plants: Bromeliads, bird nest fern, Mini nanas in water, Riccia, Xmas moss, terrestrial moss on rocks
    Pump: Atman CR-10, I must say this is a cheap and powerful pump. Have used in most of my tanks and still working well.
    Background: Black Styrofoam, premade rocky texture. Fluke find at C328.
    Fauna: White's Tree Frog, Paddletail newt, 1 Freshwater Archerfish, 2 black phantom tetra, 1 sepae tetra and 5 leopard danios (The fishes are leftover from my previous tank)

IMG_6477 by Kenneth Chin, on Flickr
    side view...

IMG_6481 by Kenneth Chin, on Flickr

IMG_6482 by Kenneth Chin, on Flickr

IMG_6607 by Kenneth Chin, on Flickr
    Added the bird nest fern, two small bromeliads. Final scape for now.. Might add more plants in the future.

Hope this gives an inspiration to people out there to comm two different family members of amphibians Thank you for viewing. Will accept any feedback or compliment hahaha
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Newt/Frog comm

Very nice set up and the way the centerpiece wood is curled is gorgeous

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where do i get newts. I remember seeing so many 10 to 15 years ago. I wann keep some in my tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Although by law it is a forbidden species, you need to do the legwork to find them. It needs cool temperature to survive.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.