Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to buy Malaya Shrimps in bulk?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Where to buy Malaya Shrimps in bulk?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys,

Anyone knows where to get Malaya or any cheap small shrimps in bulk? Looking at weekly or bi-weekly 100pcs.
    Please advice on price also.
    Thank you!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where to buy Malaya Shrimps in bulk?

You can check at Y618, they usually stock bulk bags of cherry and malayan shrimps quite regularly.

For reference, here is a discussion thread that i started a while back on this topic: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...lk-bags-at-LFS
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    You can check at Y618, they usually stock bulk bags of cherry and malayan shrimps quite regularly.

For reference, here is a discussion thread that i started a while back on this topic: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...lk-bags-at-LFS
    Yea I was there last night. A bag of 50pcs is $15. I'm looking for cheaper ones. I remember they used to cost only $0.20 each.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

how about seaview? you should be able to get it a bag of 100pcs there. Should be below $20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by simbk View Post
    how about seaview? you should be able to get it a bag of 100pcs there. Should be below $20.
    Hmmm probably I will drop by this Sat and checkout the price. Any idea which LFS sell in bulk? I do not drive therefore I can't visit Seaview during weekdays as they close at 7pm.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mivec1997 View Post
    Hmmm probably I will drop by this Sat and checkout the price. Any idea which LFS sell in bulk? I do not drive therefore I can't visit Seaview during weekdays as they close at 7pm.
    usually Sat will be good day to buy malaya shrimps. Try ask the guys at the packing area if you dont see it. Sometimes they may go to the back to pack one for you

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by simbk View Post
    usually Sat will be good day to buy malaya shrimps. Try ask the guys at the packing area if you dont see it. Sometimes they may go to the back to pack one for you
    Thanks. I go there every sat to pick up a bag of mosquito fish. I am looking at those neighbourhood LFS in the north or around my place that sells them cheaply hehe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i got mine from seaview last sun!

Question: how do you guys know if the shrimps are full? they just seem to never stop eating

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jermseah View Post
    i got mine from seaview last sun!

Question: how do you guys know if the shrimps are full? they just seem to never stop eating
    That requires abit of experience and observation... usually if you have visible algae in a tank, its best not to feed the shrimps so that they are encouraged to eat the algae instead, once you see the algae reduce until its at a very minimal quantity, then supplement the shrimps diet with additional commercial food. Start with less than increase slightly if necessary. Shrimps actually require alot less food than we think.

Shrimps will tend to keep eating as much food as you give them, they are conditioned like that since in the wild food is scarce, so they just consume everything they can get their hands on.

The issue with feeding them too much is there will tend to be more excess food particles scattered around which will rot, and as the shrimps eat alot of food, most of it goes through their system undigested, so their waste comprise of more more raw food, all of which rot and contribute to polluting the tank further. You will see the effect in indicators like higher ammonia or nitrate levels, alot more wastes in the tank and more algae growth.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com