Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Canister filter false claims? Deceiving consumers or different standards?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Canister filter false claims? Deceiving consumers or different standards?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is in relation to the advertised flow rate of the E-Jet 3368 canister filter which states an output of 1400L/Hr for a 10W unit.

Anyone know if this claimed flow rate is any accurate? I only have another Sera fil bioactive 250 canister which runs at 32W but claims to have a flow rate of 750L/Hr. The E-Jet runs at a much lower power yet claims to deliver twice what the Sera is able to deliver.

As I am using both canisters on 2 tanks of different sizes I am unable to conclusively determine if the flow rate is as claimed. However, I have strong suspicions that the E-Jet have inflated their flow rates and in fact has a slower flow rate than the Sera. I use a rain/spray bar with the E-Jet and a lily with the Sera.

I am inclined to give more credibility to the 'Made In Germany" Sera bioactive canister as compared to the probably chinese made E-Jet filter. Not that there is anything wrong with Made In China but they are known for poor quality control and inflating their figures.

Would really appreciate if anyone could weigh in on this as I have used each of my canister's on suitable tanks based on their outflow. I might want to shuffle the 2 canisters around this weekend as I feel that the E-Jet may not be the most ideal for my main tank or it could just be the rain bar on the E-Jet that is making the flow seem smaller than it really is.

PS: the sera seems to have a stronger flow based on what i can see in the outdoor 50cm tank with lily pipe outlet.

Feedback Score
    Images

Re: Canister filter false claims? Deceiving consumers or different standards?

You may try to measure the flow. Use a pail with known volume, and time how fast the filter pump and fill up the pail. Then estimate how many liters per hour...

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Canister filter false claims? Deceiving consumers or different standards?

whether or not the claims are real is one thing.

The different design the specification used and probably some advancement of technology.
    like the 2217 (20w for 1000l )
    eco pro 3 ( 8w for 750l)
    2075 (16w for 1250l)

I am pretty sure with the empty canister the china filter can still pump close to the ratings but once you put in media the flow rate might be affected badly.