Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bad experience with seller

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have just had a bad experience with one of the AQ seller Donut the Donkey.

Long story short:
    1) initially wanted to meet on a Monday or Tuesday, but I couldn't make it so gave a heads up 1 day in advance. Asked to reserve for me. Seller was kind enough to reserve and make the meet up on a Saturday. Initial timing was 12.00pm

2) Asked if seller could meet earlier at 11.30am, he responded on Friday night saying he was able to.

3) On a Saturday, I travelled down to the MRT station mentioned. Gave a heads up that I was there about 20 mins early (11.12am). Seller said that he was held up and would text me again. Waited till 11.35am and there was no response from seller. Called the seller 5 to 6 times in the 15 mins that I waited (till about 11.50am) and text 3 to 4 times to ask what happened. Seller only responded at around 11.55 am saying that he could not make it earlier and called the deal off as I could only wait till 11.45am (as per texted him) but I waited till 11.50am without any news other than a text at 11.20am saying held up but never said that seller was not able to make it at the aforementioned time just could not make it earlier.

4) Left the placed very frustrated and peeved (I am sure many of you understood that) and told the seller that I was feeling that way and would leave a negative review.

5) Seller was unhappy and a few text messages went off saying that he was held back by another seller and thus could not contact me earlier. He threatened to release all the messages and said that ultimately it was to be done at his convenience. He also wanted to send pictures of my "persistent" calls (mind you, he was already late by then without any messages to indicate when he would arrive).

Questions:
    1) Seller obviously doesn't understand that "at my convenience" is only used upon discussion on place and time to meet, not used for last minute changes. If that is the case then noone would be said to "fly aeroplane" as long as they put a disclaimer at my convenience.
    2) Seller knows that I was already waiting. If he knew that he would not make it, he should have given a heads up first and not let the seller wait for almost half an hour before sending a text message. By the way, I think he had probably just ended his transaction and would have taken another 15 to 20 minutes to arrive. Meaning my total wait would have been almost 45 minutes. He absolved himself of all blame by saying that there was already a short delay but never said how long it would take. At least then, I could have made a decision to leave earlier because the seller screwed up the timing for my next appointment.

I think I will let the forumers decide. I initially only wanted to write a negative feedback on his itrader which I thought was deserving but after he mentioned he would post all pictures of messages, I though it would be best to play safe and explain why. His prices are reasonable, and I am not saying he is a bad seller, but I had a bad experience and to me it was clearly the seller's fault not the buyer.

I do many selling activities too. Willing buyer and willing seller. This is probably more like a seller who did not keep to timing. No offers to make amends by meeting up again at a place of my convenience since he inconvenienced me first. And yea, he mentioned that I was very petty. BTW, I have done many trades and once I travelled down to Yishun to collect a faulty CO2 solenoid sold to a buyer, sent it for repair before selling it to him again. I thought it was my way for making up for his inconvenience. That should be the way.
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Bad experience with seller

To be fair to seller, he did apologise, but I believe I do have a right to add a negative feedback due to the bad experience.
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I can understand how you felt. I have being selling and buying in various forums for all kind of stuffs, to me it's kind of fun. Buying or selling used stuff do have some inconvenience, I would take it as part of the deal. The basic rules still applies, not happy, don't buy, not happy don't sell.

My ultimate experience is when I buy a used chiller from a reefer. I tested on the spot and it can power up, when brought that big chiller home, and open up the cover to clean and inspect, I found 1 inch thick salt on the internal base. Compressor and fan base was already rusty, but being a DIY kind of guy, I took it as a hobby to retore it. Took me 5 hrs to chisel off all the salt and wash it off, another 3 hrs to polish off the rust parts piece by piece, applied anti rust coat, primer and repainted the rusty parts. Well it was good fun but will not want to do it again
    After looking nice and retored, I hook it up with aquarium and when I wakes up the next morning, there was a pool of water on the floor, that darn chiller is leaking from inside well that explained the 1 inch salt. Open up the chiller and trouble shoot the leakage and I found the chiller coil assembly have some micro crack. No choice, I called the seller and he was nice enough to apologize and pick it up from me and a full refund.

I took this experience as a DIY project . One thing I can say is Haliea HS series is a very good quality chiller, the components they use are really good and professionally designed and built.
    Last edited by Realcaster; 26th Mar 2016 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, since you also posted this in the member's lounge (not going to say I was surprised), I feel obliged to reply. Too long to paste here, so below is a link for a full post. It's fair to share my side of the story as well since I've been accused.

Have a good day everyone!

Full details here with screenshots
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/itrader_detail.php?ir=3001&u=31758

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I do expect you to post your side of the story. It is also your prerogative. I believe I posted in the right section.

It would be good to hear the views of other forumers.

I have already alerted a moderator to look into whether I have made it out more than it should be.

If I have no right to post a negative feedback, I will definitely request the moderator take my post down.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Also, while comments and views are welcome, it is best forumers view both sides of the story (as per mentioned in the above post - the intent was not to discredit the seller but to post a personal bad experience) before commenting. Comments that explain what buyer (myself) or seller could have done to prevent this would be a good objective way to move forward.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think the moderators can close the thread.

Both myself and Donut the Donkey have ironed out our differences. Apologies were both made and accepted. No hard feelings. Case of bad miscommunications from both parties.

We have agreed to move on and seller has since also offered kindly to compensate for the inconvenience caused. No more details will be further added. Appreciate that no comments be made again in this thread.