Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Keeping of water in container

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,guy I not sure that this questions being ask before I would like to know that keeping the water in the container for 1 week before water change,do it lower the PH and benefits.Must I add anything to improve any advise is appreciate

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Keeping of water in container

Generally, you don't need to keep the water for 1 week. Overnight or 24 hours should be enough to remove the clorine. But to be safe, it is better to get the solution like seachem prime (or other brand dechlorine solution) that also removing chloramine and you can almost immediately add new water to your tank. But for me being overkill, i normally still keep the water for overnight.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerX5521 View Post
    Generally, you don't need to keep the water for 1 week. Overnight or 24 hours should be enough to remove the clorine. But to be safe, it is better to get the solution like seachem prime (or other brand dechlorine solution) that also removing chloramine and you can almost immediately add new water to your tank. But for me being overkill, i normally still keep the water for overnight.
    Thank brother for your advise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Keeping of water in container

Keep water too Long it will smell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

As I need low PH water for my wild betta tank, I keep about 10L of water and run an air pump with UGF filled with ADA Malaya soil to ensure constant PH for top up and water change. I used distill water, so TDS is not a concern.

I reckon it would be a challenge if you are running a 3FT and above that requires like 50-60L of water per change.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Me too. I usually use ADA Amazonian soil to lower the pH. I float a bag of Aquasoil in the water and add like four drops of seachem prime. I don't bother doing it now though as my fishes are quite used to the water changes and pH fluctuations and stopped developing swim-bladder problems. Anyways, I only change less than 20% of water once in 2 weeks......
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Adrain View Post
    Keep water too Long it will smell.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the water is clean, it should not smell at all even if kept for a long period.
    Water in the tanks above apartments, etc are kept there indefinitely and are topped up continuously during use.

Water smells only when it is unclean and contaminated with rotting organic matter. One week is a good period to keep a tankful worth of aged water, but not for too long.

Clean aged water is the best thing for fish. No amount of chemical treatment can be better than clean aged water. It is the best 'tonic' for ensuring fish health and well-being.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

24 hours is okay, if not try 48 hrs will do.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    If the water is clean, it should not smell at all even if kept for a long period.
    Water in the tanks above apartments, etc are kept there indefinitely and are topped up continuously during use.

Water smells only when it is unclean and contaminated with rotting organic matter. One week is a good period to keep a tankful worth of aged water, but not for too long.

Clean aged water is the best thing for fish. No amount of chemical treatment can be better than clean aged water. It is the best 'tonic' for ensuring fish health and well-being.
    Just to add on to that, if aeration is used, overnight should be sufficient. If left on it's own, a few days is preferable.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!