Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any comments on AQUACLAY

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    just went clementi today and check out what aquaclay is.... pricewise cheaper than denerle and ada... the grains are much bigger.... is it better to plant plants in bigger grain gravel or smaller grain gravel... just need advice before i actually buy my gravel... and how much gravel needed to cover 3 feet by 1.5 feet?? aka how many packets i need to buy... thinking of using denerle depont mix 120... one tub for my base fert...make a thin layer of base fert... will supplement furthur with root monsters next time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what aquaclay use for?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    plant substrate, its probably iron rich with negative cec qualities, so its abit like fluorite, try using google to find out more. I think the cons about aquaclay is that its extremely light. so slight water movement near the water surface can move it about.,

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You mean this Aquaclay?

Truthfully, it sounds something like ADA Aquasoil. I'd get Aquasoil compared to this, but both crumble very easily in water. I'd take that onto account when I'm buying my gravel. If you are intending to rescape and rescape very often, don't get this clay type of soil.

Get Seachem's Flourite instead, or normal Lapis gravel. For base fert, you could give JBL Aquabasis a try, it's cheap and doesn't have any different effects if you use Deponit ( there's a topic on the forums now regarding this ).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

colour of JBL aquabasis

whats the colour of the base substrate.....
    need to take in consideration when i'm doing uprooting.... consider the colour mix between the base substrate and gravel.... otherwise look very off if colour don't go together when mix

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    beige. The mix will defintely be obivious