1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

altum angels - need help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, need some help as to what is wrong with my altum angels. They are all at the surface, seems to be gasping for breadth. Took them out into another bare tank with my aged water supply and they seemed to be ok. Did a 100% water change and put them in again after 3 days, again they are at the surface gasping for breadth again. The only extra thing that I did was to add a driftwood tied with some big leaves plant(don't know what's the name of the plant). Will try to upload the picture of the plant. They seem to be ok again in the smaller bare tank and started feeding nicely again. What is wrong with angels? Are they sick? If yes what disease? In the meantime I have completely changed 100% water and cleaned both external filters and running them for a week or 2 before trying to put them in again. BTW the new plant was quarantined in another tank for 2 weeks before putting in. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: altum angels - need help

Should be nitrate issue. Did you check it? Another reason maybe overcrowding and co2 too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Can't be nitrate and overcrowding as I have only 6 altums and 8 small corydoras in a 4 ft tank running 2 external filters and weekly 30% water change.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

should be either underdosing or overdosing antichlorine

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Check out ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Nitrate is least potential

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo83 View Post
    Check out ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Nitrate is least potential
    If all else fail, try adding a small bubbler airline so that the surface is well-agitated to facilitate oxygen diffusion. Oxygen is the lifeblood of any fish tank. I always ensure max oxygenation to keep my fish happy and the tank smelling fresh.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you all for all suggestions. I have completely changed water and both external filters and running them for a week before attempting to put back the altums. Meantime the altums are healthy in a smaller tank and feeding well. Will update when I put the altums in next week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi all, just an update. Altums are released into 4 ft tank since Monday. They seemed to be fine and feeding well. Marcos is right...I.ve been overdosing anti chlorine unknowingly in my aged water tank. I usually used half the water and after topping up I gave it a full dosage of anti chlorine. Overtime this aged water is overdosed. How silly to make this mistake. Anyway we all learn!!! Cheers.