1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

CO2 Readings

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just got my CO2 tank filled up yesterday (NA 1-1 exchange) and this time for some reason the working pressure is higher than usual at over 70. Also, usually at a refill i get around 1000psi but this time the gauge shows ~750psi.

When i attached the CO2 regulator to the tank and turned the valve on, there was a mettallic sound, not sure if this is normal.

questions :

1) Is the tank full at 750 psi? Or is this a case of the main gauge not fully open?
    2) Faulty regulator?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: CO2 Readings

For carbon dioxide... it is usually filled up with liquid CO2... so the pressure by right is around 1000psi... and the pressure will remain constant till all liquid are vaporise.... thereafter, the pressure will start to drop... for your case, it is either liquid inside is all vapourise (going to finish soon) or the gauge is faulty. The metallic sound should be the solenoid pull in the valve pin... should be normal to hear it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Irvine.. Still not sure why i am getting a higher output pressure.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My ANS regulator also output 70 psi.. I believe is normal

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Your input pressure is not normal, it should be 1000. If you do not have another regulator to verify, try disconnect and reconnect regulator.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My input (tank) is at 1000psi after top up. Output to solenoid is at 25psi. If Co2 system is shut down(solenoid off) the pressure will raise to 70psi.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Ludwigia glandulosa / Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' / Rotala wallichii / Cyperus Rotundus / Rotala Sp. Sunset / Rotala Sp. Green

Cardinal Tetra / Rummynose Sp. Platinium / L183 Stralight Bristlenose Pelco / Nirate Snail / Yamato Shrimps

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hmm that is strange, my JBL, Up Aqua, and 2 other Solenoid regulator are all at 1000PSI unless the CO2 is about to run out. The output pressure after solenoid off will remain stable and drop down after a few days. It never goes up, unless there are some kind of mechanical leakage within the Guage, I dont see why the pressure should go up... Let see what the others say, I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by aquanick View Post
    questions :

1) Is the tank full at 750 psi? Or is this a case of the main gauge not fully open?
    2) Faulty regulator?

Thanks
    Like others have mentioned, usually filled up Co2 tanks average around 900-1,100 PSI total pressure. If its lower, then that probably means its not filled up fully.

Make sure you open the main valve at the top fully too. If its was only opened partway then that could restrict flow and reduce the total pressure reading showing on the gauge.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks all..

Main valve is fully open and now its at 1000psi so it was the valve. I weighed the tank and it seems like its full.

i am still getting a high output pressure though, which is good because i have never seen my glass diffuser produce such fine bubbles at 1psi..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hi all,
    ly
    when i turn on my solenoid it output is 25psi. and when i turn it off is around 60psi. i'm using glass diffuser. is that normal?
    then is it possible to for me to use a Atomic co2 diffuser as my output is only at 25psi when using a glass diffuser.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Jo.D, you should be able to use... since your regulator is capable of generating a pressure of 60 psi.... the only issue is when there is flow, the pressure drop... so for your case, you still can use, cos the pressure will slowly build up if it cannot pass through the atomizer..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jo.D View Post
    hi all,
    ly
    when i turn on my solenoid it output is 25psi. and when i turn it off is around 60psi. i'm using glass diffuser. is that normal?
    then is it possible to for me to use a Atomic co2 diffuser as my output is only at 25psi when using a glass diffuser.
    Its normal for the working pressure to drop slightly when the Co2 injection is in operation, due to the back pressure from diffusers... i guess in your case the larger drop in pressure is probably due to extra restrictions in your glass diffuser or along the gas line. As long as it works its fine.

Those atomizer Co2 diffusers do require higher workubg pressures to work properly, usually recommended to use >40 PSI regulators (higher the better), so "in theory" your system should work. Just have to try and see.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hi Irvince, UA.
    thanks for the reply. will give it a try tonight.