Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How to cure white poo

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, anyone know how to cure white poo? I have 4 c.panamensis n 2 (bond pair) are down with white poo n not feeding. They are in a 2 ft tank. I have them on Eiho Parzi Gold for 5 days n change water half tank. Then on Eiho Metro Cure for 4 days now. The 2 still not eating. I have lost some cichlids due to IB before n very desperate already. Do appreciate any advise. Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How to cure white poo

Metro is good enough, follow the dosage and perform water change everyday.

CHeers..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Was your fish cured? My guppy have white poo dont know how to cure it

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My fishes still white poo n stomach sunken already��

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I had Endlers & Guppy facing same issue too. First white poop then later sunken stomach, so I thought it's internal parasite. But later their spine started to deform and curve, then I realize it's fish TB. So I do some reading online and found that it's contagious which explain why my fish getting this disease one by one. I also found that the chances of recovery is low. So I followed what the articles said, quarantine the fishes that suspected to be infected. I managed to cure a few of them with Interpet Anti Internal Bacteria when the illness is spotted early. XD I not sure if there's better medicine as I just picked this from the shelf randomly when I facing problem deciding which to buy. After I realize there's improvement so I applied the medication on the tank instead of treating the fish in the hospital tank. XD This is as a preventive measure as I not sure if any fish got infected but still not showing the symptoms.

Hope you are not facing fish TB.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

My fish are also afflicted with stringy and light-color poo.
    I suspect it may be caused by stale freeze-dried bloodworms which I feed them with. If the dissicator pack inside the worm container is not big enough, slight dampness inside could breed bacteria especially after opening. It is best to finish off the dried worms soon after opening, though it's not easy to do.

Fish disease is the biggest worry of hobbyists and pros alike. Can be extremely "pekchek" (agonizing).
    Last edited by tetrakid; 1st May 2016 at 12:03.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    I suspect it may be caused by stale freeze-dried bloodworms which I feed them with. If the dissicator pack inside the worm container is not big enough, slight dampness inside could breed bacteria especially after opening. It is best to finish off the dried worms soon after opening, though it's not easy to do.

Fish disease is the biggest worry of hobbyists and pros alike. Can be extremely "pekchek" (agonizing).
    Heya shifu ted~

I have flakes food growing micro bugs =S The flakes starts to disintegrates but I ignore it. It's until few more weeks later I realized there're micro bugs inside so I threw the it away. Singapore weather hard to keep dry stuff.. XD

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post

yes!! Very pekchek. This fishes I really like but in the end become like this. Chin sian....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Bern C View Post
    Heya shifu ted~

I have flakes food growing micro bugs =S The flakes starts to disintegrates but I ignore it. It's until few more weeks later I realized there're micro bugs inside so I threw the it away. Singapore weather hard to keep dry stuff.. XD
    Confirm this is the cause for sick fishes?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Cmlee View Post
    Confirm this is the cause for sick fishes?

I not sure also and that is quite some time ago and I didn't notice any sick fish weeks later after feeding. I think probably it is due to tubifex as my fish got infected by TB weeks later after feeding tubi. XD That time I just washed it and didn't sterilize the freshly bought tubi so I suspect the tubi carries the bacteria. I have seen all kind of weird stuff in the tubi bought from LFS, like insect body etc.. So now I always soak the freshly bought tubi in Methylene Blue and then daily WC will replace the MB solution.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mine is already have white poo when bought. Last time I got fish become thin like a piece of paper all of a sudden. All cannot cure

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Cmlee View Post
    Mine is already have white poo when bought. Last time I got fish become thin like a piece of paper all of a sudden. All cannot cure
    Yeah... Once sunken belly means the fish is quite sick. Able to cure if spotted and treated early else... for my case, once the spine curved and it's the terminal stage. =(

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, I have been doing wc 50% daily without medication n now at least they have the interest to eat abit of frozen blood worms except for 1 fish. Will continue with the wc n update again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson Tay View Post
    yes!! Very pekchek. This fishes I really like but in the end become like this. Chin sian....
    Ya, to avoid heart pain, I always avoid expensive fish eg. Arowana or Discus and I strictly go for cheaper fish like goldfish, pacu, etc. Expensive fish are simply in demand due to their social prestige value, hence the high prices. But it is extremely "pekchek" to have an expensive fish which develops disease, as many hobbyists know.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm not those with "green finger" type if u know what I mean. Everything can buy but everything eventually die. My wife say I'm the only Singapore cat now still continuing with the water change n see how

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ah... My wife last few days just scolded the fishes. Want to die better die if not better eat the food. If not throw u all away n buy new ones. This one I like

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson Tay View Post
    Ah... My wife last few days just scolded the fishes. Want to die better die if not better eat the food. If not throw u all away n buy new ones. This one I like
    It's true, fish can be one kind. They can easily be very choosy about food once they have tasted something they like, eg bloodworms or tubifex. This can make one very furious with them. I know how it feels. Same can happen with dogs too. The thing to be learned from this is to stick to just ONE type of fish food all the time. Never give them any 'snacks'.