1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hair algae

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Had been fighting this algae for at least 1 month. I cleared, boiled my sponge filter, after 1 or 2 days it came back. Tried to reduce my light to 1hr per day, even that it is still growing strong. Any method to get rid of it once and for all. Thanks in advance!
    Wayne.

Keeping : 2 tier 2ft tanks
    Livestocks : Apistogramma Bitaeniata Mamuri, Apistogramma Mendezi, Apistogramma Baenschi Inka 50, Apistogramma Elizabethae, Apistogramma Diplotaenia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hair algae

Hi there AhKiatz, please provide us your dimensions of your tank, the brand of lighting used, fertilization dosages (if any) and CO2 dosage rates (if any too) so that we can better assess the situation. Currently now I suspect that there might be some decaying matter in you aquarium that is continuously fueling the algae growth in your aquarium. Check around for any dead matter and remove it ASAP. Also, check to see if you have been over feeding your fish (clumps of fish food at the bottom of the tank is a clear sign. As a rule of thumb, remove all fish food remaining after 5 minutes after you have fed your fish). If all else fails, restart your tank from scratch ( I am assuming your tank is not that huge to begin with ) and try over again. A higher chance of success would be present if you do the correct steps from the beginning all over again. Besides it will help eradicate any bad practices that you may have been unknowingly doing over and over again. If you are planning to restart, I'm sure forum members will be more than happy to guide you through the exciting Aquatic experience.

Cheers!

Happydanio123
    Does this make sense: ~Imperfect Past equals future tense~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Black molly will eat it..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Please check my reply on an earlier hair algae post.