Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eriocaulon Quinguangular/ Red Eriocaulon

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    For me, both EQ, one bought from GC and the other from AA melted away. I've been thinking growing emerse and propagate a few first before converting.

So far I did propagate Hortilabs HC, Staurogyne Repens & Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'. Planting a few of the propagated plants in main tank at a time. Seems doing it this way I have better survivality as the ones from hortilabs normal comes without roots.

Not sure how fast EQ in emersed form can be propagated. Need to get emersed from first.
    Last edited by greenie; 12th Jun 2016 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by seudzar View Post
    Good news! GC selling emersed version at $25 now...! Vomit blood at $8 each. While stock last
    Must thank Bro Seudzar for the info! GC's specimens are really good. Full ball roots and healthy leaves.

Bought 2 more red, 1 green and 3 vomit blood to add to my tank. If I had known earlier about this good deal i will never buy the emerse form from anywhere.

Thanks again Seudzar

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Realcaster View Post
    Wow really looking good. I sure hope my 2 seaview specimens will survive the transition. Today they look worse than ever.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    For me, both EQ, one bought from GC and the other from AA melted away. I've been thinking growing emerse and propagate a few first before converting.

So far I did propagate Hortilabs HC, Staurogyne Repens & Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'. Planting a few of the propagated plants in main tank at a time. Seems doing it this way I have better survivality as the ones from hortilabs normal comes without roots.

Not sure how fast EQ in emersed form can be propagated. Need to get emersed from first.
    The ones you bought from GC and AA are emerse form? If submerge why would they melt away? Can share whats your tank specs? How was the specimens? Were they rooty to begin with or root system barely developed?

Sorry too many questions but I really want to prevent mine from melting again.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

They were submersed form. That's why we are discussing about it. Not an easy plant to keep at the moment because lack of knowledge about it's preferred water parameters. They melted due to change in water condition. Could be temp, ph, gh, substrate, lighting etc....that all of us wants to find out. My tank high light, 25c constant temp and high CO2 tank with ADA substrate & regular dry dosing of nutrient.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Maybe I can share my tank parameters.

tank:360L
    light: 220 W
    photo period: 4hrs + 4hrs
    Temp: 25C
    CO2: max, as long as my fish don't gasps for air. (Est. 6bps through reactor,+2bps through diffuser)
    fert: EI from dry fert. KNO3, K2PO4, seachem flourish, seachem Iron. Seachem equilibrium. (Last 3 micros at half recommended dosage)
    soil: Ada Amazonia

NO3: always 10-25ppm
    K: 20-30ppm
    P: 1-5ppm (never below 1 ppm)
    GH/KH: 4-5

Water flow:
    ehiem1260: 2400Lph via canister
    In-tank power head: 3unit X 3 watt to ensure no dead spots
    wavemaker: 1 unit

Hope these helps
    Last edited by Realcaster; 12th Jun 2016 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A side question. Where to find reliable test kits (brands and prices if possible, please) to test the PPM for all the macro (NPK)?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Let's keep to EQ related posts only.
    Easier for everyone to read through.

Let's not side track. It can make a thread tedious to read.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by plantedpot View Post
    Wow really looking good. I sure hope my 2 seaview specimens will survive the transition. Today they look worse than ever.
    As long as they don't melt away within 4 weeks, your EQ should be ok.
    Mine slowly but surely melted, one leaf at a time within 2-3 weeks until bald. Waited for 2 more weeks hoping for new leaf to emerge but was disappointed.
    1 plant in my chilled high tech tank. 1 plant in a nutrient deficient tank with enough CO2 and light but no chiller.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Sharing my experience with regards to EQ transition. I typically see the emmerse leaves on the other rim melted first, within 1 month, news leaves will grow out and replace the melted leaves inside out. So at anytime, the EQ looks very normal, it was never bald.

I tents to plant the EQ deep into the substrate with soil covering the nodes on the out rim leaves. EQ will easily float up due to its emmerse stage, so planting deep is esential. Another new tactics I exployer recently with success is I trim the lower/outer rim leaves leaving about 5mm for it to anchor into the soil so that there are less tendency for it to float up.

hope these helps

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The 2 in the glasspots are the specimens from Seaview. As you can see, they are melting away almost completely. The one which looks ok slightly greenish is from C328.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The 2 from in the glass pod looks like a goner.. sorry

The one from C328 looks promising though.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sob sob... 50sgd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

No need to wait for 2 weeks. The 2 specimens from Seaview melted away totally...

Thats a 50sgd lesson learnt. No more emerse red eriocaulon for me. Next time just buy from GC. Same price better quality.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Greenie, the specimen you bought from GC, are the roots fully developed? Is it emersed or submerge form when you bought the specimen?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The one from AA confirmed was submerse form. The one from GC not sure but both have healthy roots.

Now thinking if the submerse form can survive without chiller, just ambient local temp 29-32c.

Might try one tmr, using low tds water with CO2 injection, 4hrs light with mid intensity using DIY 3w CREE Leds (6500k, CRI 80) and ADA soil, all in a spare nano tank.

Anyone any thoughts before I proceed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

GC one is definitely submerged form. They have the plant a lot earlier than the rest of the LFS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The one from AA confirmed was submerse form. The one from GC not sure but both have healthy roots.

Now thinking if the submerse form can survive without chiller, just ambient local temp 29-32c.

Might try one tmr, using low tds water with CO2 injection, 4hrs light with mid intensity using DIY 3w CREE Leds (6500k, CRI 80) and ADA soil, all in a spare nano tank.

Anyone any thoughts before I proceed?
    Lights period is a little too short. Suggest at least 7 hours.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

C328 emerse form specimen - Outer leaves are melting but new leaves are forming within the core

Last edited by plantedpot; 17th Jun 2016 at 17:05.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast