Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bred and Breed Fighting Fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Can anyone identify the bred of my fighting fish? Hahaha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Bred and Breed Fighting Fish

And perhaps anyone know how to condition your fighting fish for breeding?
    I bought a few females and had been feeding Male & Female with water fleas.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Try feeding them freeze-dried bloodworms. My angelfish spawn every two weeks when I fed them, until I stopped doing that. Then they refused to eat other food and also stopped spawning. I didn't raise the fries every time they spawned because it requires much care. The parents always eat them all up after they became free-swimming for a few days. All my fish love the bloodworms.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Red: Double Tail Crown
    Darkblue: Crown Tail

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by p0ip0i View Post
    Red: Double Tail Crown
    Darkblue: Crown Tail

Thank you all !
    Can i check with you, if i am to breed them. How should i go about doing it?

If i were to breed the Double Tail Crown, do i need to get a "doubletail" or a "crowntail" female?

It feels complicated =D

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

1)Conditioning
    Feed them abit about 5 Pellets everyday 3 times)Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner with nutritious food(Hikari Brand) or freeze bloodworm for a week(Change 100% Aged Water soaked with the Indian Almond Leaves every 2-3days)
    2)Dating
    Place Male and Female Tank side by side, Flare them everyday about 1hr.
    3)1 or 2 Week later check if they are dancing to each other, Female should show vertical stripes
    After that
    4) Prepare a 1ft tank minimum(With 3-4inch water depth)(Water Condition Should be same as above)(Get Methylene Blue Add few drops).
    5) Place 1/2 cut Styrofoam Cup(Go Youtube you should be able to search how to make a bubble nest cup) stick on a corner of ur tank.
    6)Add A Sponge Filter with A bubble a sec
    7)Place some Plants Java Fern Etc on one corner.
    8 Put the male in free swim in tank. Use a Transparent Cup with Some Holes Put the female in.. Submerged...
    9) the male should be free swimming around the female.. while the female is protected by the cup..
    10) wait 1-2 days and check if the male makes Huge Thick Bubble Nest.(Continue feed them as above)
    11) have a low light shine onto the styrofoam cup this is to allow the male to see his nest.(On during the day Only before eggs laid).
    12) Released the Female.
    13) observed for the next 4 hrs...Lots of chasing will be done, see if the embrace(MATE)<if the male attacks the female fin let it be.., if he attacks the body better to house the female again>
    14) if no mating after 4hrs, House the female back to the cup.. off the lights when night time for them to rest.
    15) try again the nxt day..
    16) after mating, the female will release all her eggs, (During this process, the male will pick up the eggs and place into the bubble nest) and u will see the male will attack the female vigorously once the female laid all her eggs.
    17)quickly net the female up, and treat her with methylene blue/indian almond leave water.(Recover her injury)
    1 For the next 48-72 hrs (Keep the lights on), the male will guard the eggs, picking the eggs when it falls from the nest.
    19) once you see Hair-like structure pointing downwards at the bubble nest, the fry is going to born anytime. The next 48hrs you may take out the male.
    20) 2nd day Prepare Live Baby Brine Shrimp Food(Go Youtube to see how to hatch)(Ebay or some aquarist do sell them, Remember check for hatch rate)(Do not purchase those in LFS it does not hatch).
    21) Once they start free swimming, away from the nest, on the 3rd day of free swimming, start feeding them 1ml of baby brine shrimp, dont over feed.
    22) keep feeding them till they grow big enough.
    23) The Next every 3days start adding Aged condition water(500ml),(Pls use a airline tubing slowly flow the water)(I used rubber band tied to the tubing slow it down and airstone with it) till your tank is about full or 3 weeks.
    24) After a mth or 3 weeks , start changing water half tank till they are big enough.
    25)Start Culling ugly or deform fries.
    26)KEY: The more water changes you make and the less fries in tank, they grow faster.
    27)About 2-3mths they should show colours and sex.

Double Tail female if available, try not to mix breed.. otherwise you get rubbish..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by p0ip0i View Post
    1)Conditioning
    Feed them abit about 5 Pellets everyday 3 times)Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner with nutritious food(Hikari Brand) or freeze bloodworm for a week(Change 100% Aged Water soaked with the Indian Almond Leaves every 2-3days)
    2)Dating
    Place Male and Female Tank side by side, Flare them everyday about 1hr.
    3)1 or 2 Week later check if they are dancing to each other, Female should show vertical stripes
    After that
    4) Prepare a 1ft tank minimum(With 3-4inch water depth)(Water Condition Should be same as above)(Get Methylene Blue Add few drops).
    5) Place 1/2 cut Styrofoam Cup(Go Youtube you should be able to search how to make a bubble nest cup) stick on a corner of ur tank.
    6)Add A Sponge Filter with A bubble a sec
    7)Place some Plants Java Fern Etc on one corner.
    8 Put the male in free swim in tank. Use a Transparent Cup with Some Holes Put the female in.. Submerged...
    9) the male should be free swimming around the female.. while the female is protected by the cup..
    10) wait 1-2 days and check if the male makes Huge Thick Bubble Nest.(Continue feed them as above)
    11) have a low light shine onto the styrofoam cup this is to allow the male to see his nest.(On during the day Only before eggs laid).
    12) Released the Female.
    13) observed for the next 4 hrs...Lots of chasing will be done, see if the embrace(MATE)<if the male attacks the female fin let it be.., if he attacks the body better to house the female again>
    14) if no mating after 4hrs, House the female back to the cup.. off the lights when night time for them to rest.
    15) try again the nxt day..
    16) after mating, the female will release all her eggs, (During this process, the male will pick up the eggs and place into the bubble nest) and u will see the male will attack the female vigorously once the female laid all her eggs.
    17)quickly net the female up, and treat her with methylene blue/indian almond leave water.(Recover her injury)
    1 For the next 48-72 hrs (Keep the lights on), the male will guard the eggs, picking the eggs when it falls from the nest.
    19) once you see Hair-like structure pointing downwards at the bubble nest, the fry is going to born anytime. The next 48hrs you may take out the male.
    20) 2nd day Prepare Live Baby Brine Shrimp Food(Go Youtube to see how to hatch)(Ebay or some aquarist do sell them, Remember check for hatch rate)(Do not purchase those in LFS it does not hatch).
    21) Once they start free swimming, away from the nest, on the 3rd day of free swimming, start feeding them 1ml of baby brine shrimp, dont over feed.
    22) keep feeding them till they grow big enough.
    23) The Next every 3days start adding Aged condition water(500ml),(Pls use a airline tubing slowly flow the water)(I used rubber band tied to the tubing slow it down and airstone with it) till your tank is about full or 3 weeks.
    24) After a mth or 3 weeks , start changing water half tank till they are big enough.
    25)Start Culling ugly or deform fries.
    26)KEY: The more water changes you make and the less fries in tank, they grow faster.
    27)About 2-3mths they should show colours and sex.

Double Tail female if available, try not to mix breed.. otherwise you get rubbish..
    Thank you, bro pOipOi for your nice gesture in posting these valuable tips. I am sure countless bros here will appreciate your kindness, especially the many Betta fans.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh yeah ! Thanks for this tips !
    I'm trying to not to overfeed HAHAHA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

This females are a bit tough to tell apart....
    Do you know which tail they are? =D

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Crowntail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The More You Know, The Simpler It Is..
    Cheapest Simple Tank NeoCaridina Shrimp Set up Guide

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The red male looks like a Double tail
    the blue male looks like a single tail crowntail or a male with broken fins.
    maybe a picture of them flaring will help with better identifying.

the females are red crowntail.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you all !
    I just have a question next !
    My Male Black Fighting fish is behaving a bit crazily, he was feeding just fine few days ago but now he refused to eat anything and would always swim in a very "funny" manner.
    I admit i might have overfed all of my fighting fishes but i had stopped feeding for 2 days & had read that feeding them pea would help.
    This black fighting fish just won't eat the pea even though I'm hand feeding him =(
    Any one have a solution?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

And apparently , one of them fell sick.
    I separated them but sadly, the other also fell sick...
    I had tried to feed the Black betta Pea but it just won't eat while the red betta ate the pea.

I also a drop of methylene blue solution as suggested by some website.
    Anyone else have solution?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The leaf you placed.. Is that Indian almond leaf or some other leaf ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh that's a piece of wood i found in the forest.
    Boiled and soaked for days.
    Air force camp so lucky to find a good one

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How Long have u keep the betta ?
    Recently bought ? You might have bought a sick fish..

How to choose a betta
    1) look out for bubble nest in their container(this shows how good form)(healthy)
    2) dorsal fin( this applies to all types of fish) look for straight upright fins(healthy)
    3) finnage(not torn(or fin rot signs) straighten, strong deep Colours)
    4) active (not staying one corner not moving)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh ya observe the poop
    (Long white/transparent poop)<- not a good sign
    (Long black poop) not a good sign too

Short and brown poop many pieces <- good

But still... After all depending on what it was fed with.
    Don't buy transparent/white poop<- chances are they got internal bacteria already

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh thanks !!
    Oh yes, the methylene blue i bought is from EIHO.
    It doesn't shows how long i should leave the fighting fish in the solution... anyone has any idea?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast