Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Before Rescape
    20151225_003459.jpg

After Rescape

20160530_160752.jpg

Have been battling with GDA for a year and I found the natural remedy to avoid GDA without dosing any anti-algae solution.

My fauna includes 1 x nitrite horn snail, 2 x amano shrimps and 20 RCS. Flora only consist of monte carlo and mini frissiden. Using only fan and temp range between 27-29c. Lights on for 9hrs a day with 2bps CO2 for 24 hours.

I removed the bogwood with mini Christmas as they are really a chore when comes to trimming. They sure growth fast and with the high temp in my tank, they grew long and stringy like java moss. With the current scape, I only need to trim once every 2 months and that is the only time I do the WC of 50%. I only top up with treated tap water every few days and dose fert as and when required based on the observation of the MC. MF by the way are not demanding on fert. I do not feed my shrimps and whenever I go on a business trip, my family members will help me top up the water which is quite easy.

I find that planted tank is like a woman, if you give it tender loving care, it will ask for more attention and also give you a hell lot of other problems like algae issues . If you were to pay less attention, it will be more dependent on its own and formed its own eco system. This really give me the real joy of owning a planted tank with minimal attention given to them and yet the water is pristine and fauna are thriving.

If you still don't get it on how to avoid GDA, do less WC as sudden change in nutrients level encourage algae growth!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: High Tech Low Maintenance Scape Tank

Nice and simple setup with only the essential algae management crew. That really keeps things low maintenance. Dense wall of mini fissidens look great!
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: High Tech Low Maintenance Scape Tank

Looks great - really simple.